Hacking Discussion I no longer am going to be on 4.1.0, and here's why

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the post, I'm on the fence too (On 4.1.0 atm) and since I got the TX preordered and pirating single player exclusives is all I care about on the switch as far as hacking the console goes, so I'm thinking on updating too so I can enjoy things like playing paladins on the go and finally get back to playing ARMS online. For emulators, every android device I have is more competent at it than Nintendo's console, specially since I have the 8bitdo controller. Freeshop would be damn nice but it's not happening it seems.

Just a few observations

1 - You can't really play Wii U on the go. I can't even move my Wii U pad to another room in my house without losing signal.

2 - You could just sell your Street Fighter copy factory sealed without taking much of a loss.

Thanks!

Reactions: the_randomizer

europat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread convinced me to update from 4.1.0 up to 5.1.0 , I'm a bit annoyed about the installation of Exfat support of MicroSD, doing this manually can possibly tag you that you didn't received it from Nintendo servers, dunno what could happen for further system updates later. Will be ready for my SX OS now, can't wait to get it :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who asks for an opinion will always get told to update by me. There are no cons as far as I'm concerned. Don't care about emuNAND or untethered warmboot or whatever it is people are waiting for.
Indeed, I mean, there's not even a way to spoof the firmware, so it is what it is.

I’m on 4.1.0 and update just now to 5.1.0 because meh...
I’m fine with auto-rcm and I have bought a usb c to usb c so I can rerun exploit on the go with my phone

It seems that so far, the general consensus is those who are on 5.x.x seem to be okay, and I've no doubt I'll be fine with it as well. With so many games coming out this summer,
I see nothing wrong with updating now.

Reactions: NeoSlyde

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean, unless I bought a 3.x.x console (which I really want to avoid), I've accepted that fact and it's okay. I may as well make the most of my Switch, no? :P

Since I updated from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0, I haven't really noticed a difference. The only difference I see is being able to kick ass on Splatoon 2 and eShop access while still maintaining HB access. And any HB app that isn't working on 5.1.0 will probably get a fix anyway.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the post, I'm on the fence too (On 4.1.0 atm) and since I got the TX preordered and pirating single player exclusives is all I care about on the switch as far as hacking the console goes, so I'm thinking on updating too so I can enjoy things like playing paladins on the go and finally get back to playing ARMS online. For emulators, every android device I have is more competent at it than Nintendo's console, specially since I have the 8bitdo controller. Freeshop would be damn nice but it's not happening it seems.

Just a few observations

1 - You can't really play Wii U on the go. I can't even move my Wii U pad to another room in my house without losing signal.

2 - You could just sell your Street Fighter copy factory sealed without taking much of a loss.

Thanks!

Of course, but I have my PC and my Wii U in the same room (it's connected to my PC's HDMI inputs on the monitor) so I don't need portability with that necessarily. And with my Super NT with SD2SNES, no need for Snes emulators (well, it is hardware emulation, but still) :P

Since I updated from 4.1.0 to 5.1.0, I haven't really noticed a difference. The only difference I see is being able to kick ass on Splatoon 2 and eShop access while still maintaining HB access. And any HB app that isn't working on 5.1.0 will probably get a fix anyway.

Of course, it's just a matter of time, people said Wii U would never get kernel access, and it did. Switch may in the future too.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Im in the same situation. I have a 4.1 console but i dont see point of being in this firmware anymore. Hackers will continue finding software vulnerabilities and i dont want to keep waiting for an emunand solution. I guess i will update my console this friday to try the last games, update all of my games and buy some dlc. It doesnt matter if we use emunand or our sysnand iNintendo will ban us anyway

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im in the same situation. I have a 4.1 console but i dont see point of being in this firmware anymore. Hackers will continue finding software vulnerabilities and i dont want to keep waiting for an emunand solution. I guess i will update my console this friday to try the last games, update all of my games and buy some dlc. It doesnt matter if we use emunand or our sysnand iNintendo will ban us anyway

May as well sit back and enjoy the ride, methinks.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got paid season passes on mine, while TX has encouraged me to go all the way.Instant CFW may not be an option, but TX's auto rcm will be close to that
only requiring the dongle on boot. Its tolerable, it won't break my joycon rail, and I'm satisfied with that enjoying new games at the same time

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're sharing opinions, I'm sticking with my 4.1. If anything, I also have another 3.0 Switch in case I get banned/other softmod exploits. I've already bought and played through SMO, LoZ, and XC2. Nintendo has not yet released a game that makes me want to be on the latest firmware although that will probably be changed by the time Smash comes around. My only hope is that Atmosphere comes out with EmuNAND support before it comes out or I'll be in a pickle.

elboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In my opinion, the best option is to have a sysnand in the latest version to use the online, and, in the future, Atmosphere in the emunand to be able to use the rest of the features without risk.

The doubt is in:
-Sacrifice the online
-Sacrifice the warmboot facility

Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8