Gaming I need to chose between two games..

Which one to chose?

• Total voters

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't trust any of the game critics atm and I want to know a few thing about these games. The reason for this topic between is a chance to get one of those games for €20,- which is dirty cheap for those games. I only have €20,- at the moment so please ;)

But, the questions I have are:

Tekken:

How is the fighting system?
There aren't many modes, can you list them for me?
How limited are the single player modes in the game?
Made the Movie and Game in one thing kill the quality game assurance?
I like, SSF IV, DOA, Blazblue and many others, shall I like this one as well? I liked the PS3 version Tekken 6? A bit, I hadn't much time to test it.
Does the side of the box say: Namco Bandai games at the bottom?(Yes I really hate it when it is empty. I've had it with Rayman and Monkey Ball)

Mario & Sonic:

How are the games overall?
How is the story mode? Is it lengthy?
How is the long lasting taste?

If you can answer some or all of my questions I would appreciate it!

Added a poll , maybe that'll work.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario and Sonic: The Wii version is so much better. Controls are off sometimes on the games (3DS version).
There are online leaderboards, so it'll last a long time if you're always trying to get the best scores. Other than that, the "story mode" is pretty bland.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mario and Sonic: The Wii version is so much better. Controls are off sometimes on the games (3DS version).
There are online leaderboards, so it'll last a long time if you're always trying to get the best scores. Other than that, the "story mode" is pretty bland.

Could you give me more details about the story mode? Like ehm what activities are there? And is it a long lasting story?

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you give me more details about the story mode? Like ehm what activities are there? And is it a long lasting story?
Long lasting? Yes. Boring? Yes. Story mode is basically all the minigames bunched together with bland cutscenes and annoying character voices.

There are over 50 different minigames ranging from BMX biking to grabbing a water bottle during a marathon.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL @ Story being part of your decision in a Mario or Sonic game.

With the exception of Mario Party, I'm personally not into mini-game games.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Long lasting? Yes. Boring? Yes. Story mode is basically all the minigames bunched together with bland cutscenes and annoying character voices.

There are over 50 different minigames ranging from BMX biking to grabbing a water bottle during a marathon.

Exactly like what the Story mode was in mario and Sonic at the winter games on the NDS.

frogboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you liked previous renditions of MaS and don't mind the awkward controls or a crappy story, get it.

If not, Tekken all the way.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first Mario and Sonic Olympic game was god awful. Just terrible. I really doubt the second is any better.

Tekken sucks but it's the better of the two.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with Tekken 3D is that it's the Tekken 6 system, which is the worst of them all. It's heavily juggle-based, sort-of like a harder version of Dead or Alive. Though I can definitely say that if you really get into the game, you'll enjoy it longer than the Sonic + Mario one.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if you're considering this, but i would buy neither. Save up your money for a better game, or spend it on something else, those games aren't worth it. And since you're talking so much about story, you're not going to like either game imo.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wouldn't buy either, but that's me.

You can download a free demo of Mario and Sonic so you can see for yourself just how lame it is.

I wonder if Nintendo should post demos of bad games. Perhaps they'd be better off letting people buy them blindly than confirm their suspicions of their badness.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wouldn't buy either, but that's me.

You can download a free demo of Mario and Sonic so you can see for yourself just how lame it is.

I wonder if Nintendo should post demos of bad games. Perhaps they'd be better off letting people buy them blindly than confirm their suspicions of their badness.

Europe does not have the demo -.-

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 for none of the above. M+S is a bunch of lame mini games. I haven't played Tekken 3DS, but from what I've read it's nothing too spectacular. Maybe you could download some ehop games like Pusmo and/or Zen Pinball if you don't have those already and really want a game right now.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Out of these two, Tekken.

Out of the rest, neither. Get something better say Mario Kart 7, Resident Evil Revelations or just wait for Kid Icarus.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd save your money. Save up for a main title like Kid Icarus or Resident Evil Revelations. IMO I'd get bored of both of these games really quickly.

I alteady got resident evil

Kid icarus has been ordered a year ago or so.

But I think it'll become Tekken ^^

Go for it. It all comes down to preference. I've bought games that I hated within a week, but I've also bought plenty of fantastic games. If the 3DS had Soul Caliber 5 on it, I'd have it right now. :P.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To repeat what I said in an earlier in a similar thread, several months ago. I say neither and save your money.

Mario and Sonic games tend to have a tendency to be complete wank in my opinion. Whilst I find fighting games really belong on home consoles rather than handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.