Hacking I need help

Can i use this name?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this may not be the place I should be asking this but I really want to get into wii u hacking but a bad sd card ripped some pins out of the sd card reader does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this (I cant find any place that sells replacement parts for wii u), or do I need to buy a new wii u?

Last edited by Can i use this name?,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh bummer man. I'm sure you could find a youtube video on a Wii U teardown and if your handy with micro soldering you might be able to replace it with another SD reader from the web but I've never seen it done. I've done a lot of micro soldering and I'd probably take a swing at it if I was in the same situation as you. At least before I went out and bought a new one anyway.

Can i use this name?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh bummer man. I'm sure you could find a youtube video on a Wii U teardown and if your handy with micro soldering you might be able to replace it with another SD reader from the web but I've never seen it done. I've done a lot of micro soldering and I'd probably take a swing at it if I was in the same situation as you. At least before I went out and bought a new one anyway.
yeah I was thinking the same thing maybe I can find an sd card slot that is compatible with the wii u's board.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I was thinking the same thing maybe I can find an sd card slot that is compatible with the wii u's board.
It shouldn't be too difficult. There's really not that much difference in SD card readers. Pretty standard as I know it. Make sure and use a multi meter so you can wire up all the contacts correctly.

I once had to take a part a USB to SD card reader and solder it to a 3DS to restore a nand backup because I updated the firmware too far. Even if it doesn't physically fit I'm sure as long as it's soldered correctly it would work.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Phantisy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't do it you can always take it to a guy who fixes electronics and see what they charge to solider one in. Just make sure you take it apart first or they will charge you more.

Can i use this name?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have an old wiiU lying around. I'll have to take a look at it and see if it'll fit in an envelope. I'd send it for free. (what the heck am I saying)
Haha thanks for the offer but if your serious I would not hesitate to accept lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you upload a picture of this bad SD card ?
I would like to see how something like that can happen.
Unfortunately I threw it away to avoid accidently using it again but the plastic on it was all beat up where the pens touch the gold color part (forgot what its called) of the sd card too bad I found that out after I put it in.

handy333

Trophies
Website
projectrisingsun.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Let me take a look. I'm no good at soldering. But if I can send the part that has the sd slot only I'll most likely do it.

Edit:
If I was to ship it. I would have to ship the whole motherboard. I'm not sure if it's more than 2 pounds or not I have nothing here to weigh it. Would it be possible to ship it in the mail with a mailer and like a couple of stamps?

Last edited by handy333,

Can i use this name?

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me take a look. I'm no good at soldering. But if I can send the part that has the sd slot only I'll most likely do it.

Edit:
If I was to ship it. I would have to ship the whole motherboard. I'm not sure if it's more than 2 pounds or not I have nothing here to weigh it. Would it be possible to ship it in the mail with a mailer and like a couple of stamps?
it should be possible, I don't see why that would be a problem I've done it with things heavier then a board.

Last edited by Can i use this name?,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill