Hacking I need help with moonshell2 formatting

snake_ala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
hello everybody

my problem is that I was working on my DS lite as usual with my R4. I put the microSD in the USB card reader to transfer some files. And suddenly the USB card reader gone crazy and turned off. That corrupted all the data on my microSD. i went to see what can I do with that and found the Moonshell 2 . I installed it as the guide says. I couldn't fire it up. Then I found that the file menu.dat should be on the microSD. now moonshell 2 worked just fine. But almost all my ROMS don't work any more.

I tried to fix this problem but I couldn't. I found some guide here and there but I couldn't understand anything (I'm new to all these stuff).

so what should I do?

can you please give me simple tutorial how can i install moonshell2 properly?

and please...I don't understand words like (patching) and so. So please bear with me.

and if there was a topic about this issue please direct me to it...(I'm too lazy to search for it
wacko.gif
.......sorry)

thank u in advance

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snake_ala said:
hello everybody

my problem is that I was working on my DS lite as usual with my R4. I put the microSD in the USB card reader to transfer some files. And suddenly the USB card reader gone crazy and turned off. That corrupted all the data on my microSD. i went to see what can I do with that and found the Moonshell 2 . I installed it as the guide says. I couldn't fire it up. Then I found that the file menu.dat should be on the microSD. now moonshell 2 worked just fine. But almost all my ROMS don't work any more.

I tried to fix this problem but I couldn't. I found some guide here and there but I couldn't understand anything (I'm new to all these stuff).

so what should I do?

can you please give me simple tutorial how can i install moonshell2 properly?

and please...I don't understand words like (patching) and so. So please bear with me.

and if there was a topic about this issue please direct me to it...(I'm too lazy to search for it
wacko.gif
.......sorry)

thank u in advance
1. Wrong area, but thats not a big deal
2. What i would do is just reinstall EVERYTHING and i mean everything. If you occasionally save your files(create a folder and put everything in there) then use the last backup and replace. If all is done right it should be back to normal

snake_ala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
thank U GenesisX,

but the problem is I don't have a back up for it.

And I forgot to mention that I had moonshell 1.... I got it installed in the microSD when I got my DS lite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1