I messed up my original Xbox with the AID Installer, error 16.

zman164

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently I bought an original Xbox and installed homebrew using the splinter cell save method all was fine until I removed my soft mod using AID Installer because I couldnt get my console to boot into xbmc at all despite me installing it. And I think I had some old files for the softmod as well.

So removing my softmod actually removed my real dashboard and screwed everything up with an error 16.

I think I still have my EEPROM because it's in the recovery section of the fatx USB I used to mod the Xbox.

So I'm going to try to hotswap in order to get my Xbox to work. I have some questions.

What is the virtual shadow c drive because I remember reading I have to keep that just in case.

For unlocking the hdd I need to achieve error 12 and I'm wondering if there's anyway to use only one IDE Cable (IDE-USB). And which IDE cables I should leave in the Xbox, hdd, mobo or into my computer.

EDIT: My OG Xbox had a lower dash than 5960 if someone could explain this to me that'd be perfect

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have your eeprom, you don't need to mess around can easily fix it easily with xboxhdm.

Grab xboxhdm and a set of retail C: files. Throw them in the C directory and put the eeprom bin in the eeprom file.

Build iso, hook xbox drive to pc, use eeprom bin to unlock it, rebuild C:, lock it with eeprom, put back in xbox and start over.

zman164

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll double check soon. Thanks for the fast replies! Also why/how would I make an iso? Also does just plugging my hdd in while it was connected to the Xbox IDE cord, and while I switch that IDE cord for my USB one to plug it into my computer.

Would that unlock it make me able to use it with hd maker or xplorer 360?

And one more question. Could I just install xbox on it this way?

zman164

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to download xboxhdm. Which version do I download in order for it to work as an exe on my computer. Because I'm trying to extract v2.2 GUI and winrar says unknown method.

zman164

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I don't have my EEPROM. AID INSTALLER destroyed my dash and my EEPROM backup once I removed softmod. Also I can't get the hdd to load in xplorer because when it's unlocked with error 12. I'm using an IDE to USB adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not...