I need a new flashcart to use since my old one doesnt work anymore
frown.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a acekard 2i or a supercard dstwo (if you want to play gba) from shoptemp
If you dont have a ds phat or lite get shoptemp to flash it for you.

M3i zero, supercard dsonei and a r4 clone work too but go with a acekard

trang85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard 2i works for 1.4U all i need is download the firmware right?
Its pretty cheap $15.
How good is it?

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure about the R4 being updated. You need to buy a pre-updated flash cart which ShopTemp can do for you. I'd second the recommendation of the AK2i or the Supercard DSTWO. I disagree with the M3i or the DSOnei though.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
There are two updates, just like there is on the Acekard. One with 'DSL' in the filename, and one with 'DSi' in the filename. The DSL file can be used to unbrick. Both were in one archive r4ifw_update_14_2939_20090817', the DSi file you see on sites is from that archive.

This is in reference specifically to R4i Ultra. The archive is not on the official site or linfoxdomain, though.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
exangel said:
tk_saturn said:
There are two updates, just like there is on the Acekard. One with 'DSL' in the filename, and one with 'DSi' in the filename. The DSL file can be used to unbrick. Both were in one archive r4ifw_update_14_2939_20090817', the DSi file you see on sites is from that archive.

This is in reference specifically to R4i Ultra. The archive is not on the official site or linfoxdomain, though.
Yes it's in reference to the R4i Ultra. However that was posted in an another thread and is out of context here.

edit:
I originally mis-interpreted your post, and posted a different reply before editing it.

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
My R4i Ultra works on the DSi 1.4 and it's a pretty decent flashcart! Still not as good as the AceKard2i (personal recommendation) or the DSTWO though.

Btw, I own all three of the flashcarts I mentioned, that's why I suggested them. It wouldn't be right for me to suggest a flashcart I had no experience of...
rolleyes.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spartan117H3 said:
The original poster has an R4i Ultra and wants to update it or buy a new flashcart, I'm not sure why his quote isn't relevant?
I did mis-interpret the post because the OP never stated in his first post he had a R4i Ultra, and it's not in the R4 section. I also got caught out because the OP said he Had an R4i Ultra rather than he has an R4i Ultra. Good job I can edit my posts...

My post Exangel quoted is from different thread and is still out of context here. If you are going to update the R4i Ultra, you use the DSi update which is linked to on tons of sites. This needs to be run on a DS Lite, DS Phat or DSi with FW 1.3 and will only work if your R4i Ultra is a real R4i Ultra (ie clone of the Acekard) and not one of the fake R4i Ultra's. It's almost identical to the update which runs on the Acekard.

I knew the archive would be very difficult to find when I posted it. All the places I looked for the file in my quote were on file sharing sites, all of which had expired because no one had downloaded it. I only posted it in that thread because someone wanted to hack the firmware.

trang85: If your were happy with your R4i Ultra, then get the Acekard 2i. It does what the R4i Ultra does but with a better interface and compatibility with the latest releases without having to patch the games.

There is no reason at all to buy another R4i Ultra, they are clones of the Acekard. You may as well get the real thing.

You say you have a DSi with 1.4, unless you have access to a DS Lite/ DS Phat/ DSi with FW 1.3 you will need to purchase your Acekard from a supplier which will pre-update it for FW 1.4. ShopTemp will do this for you if you select 'Premium Update+Flashing Service' when you add it to your cart.

If you would like Real Time Save, then i'd recommend you get the DSONEi instead. If also want the option of playing GBA games on the DSi, then get the DSTWO. Both of those can be updated to 1.4 even if you only have a DSi with FW 1.4.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Drag0nflamez said:
EZ Flash Vi & update, Supercard DSTwo (recommended for people who want FEATURES) & Acekard for those guys who want carts that well ehmm, didnt exist in gba era. AKAIO

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
trang85 said:
o i see.
well $1 dollar more wont hurt
do i need to buy a microSD with it?
you can use your old SD.Just backup your games and saves,reformat with panasonic formatter,then grab AKAIO 1.7 and put it in your SD.

If your talking about it being flashed and needing to buy one to flash,no.They use their own
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1