I have too many games

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by jumpman17, Feb 4, 2008.

Feb 4, 2008

I have too many games by jumpman17 at 4:45 AM (2,523 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    We have 3 Gamecubes (1 dead, 1 un-modded, 1 modded).
    And over 5 years we've collected 44 games for it.

Now only a little over 1 year into the Wii's lifespan.
    We have 2 Wiis and 18 games.

Is this what a normal person has? Because I sure don't feel like a pirate when I look at those boxes lined up on my shelves.

2. TPi

Former Staff TPi One Tired Raccoon

Canada
    I have about that number of games for the NGC, probably a couple more, and I have like 12 Wii games probably. The only thing weird I see is how many of the same consoles you're having to buy.

edit: k, 42 NGC, 13 Wii. About right tho. [​IMG]

3. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Well, the real question is how many have you finished already?
    And if so, how many can you actually sell? I think it's normal, I mean, you have to consider how many games are you going to love and play on a single console.

4. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Well, me and my sister got the first Gamecube for Christmas. After like, 2 years, it died. So we went out and bought another one. My dad decided to get on eBay and by a not working Gamecube on eBay for $25 hoping that the problem with it would be different from ours. Luckily it was, so he was able to combine the 2 dead ones to make a working one.

And with the Wii, since I bought it for myself, I took it with me to college and my sister got attached to it before I left, so she bought her own.

EDIT: Sell? I'm never selling any of my games or consoles ever. I could never part with them.

5. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    I have a GCN with over 30 games but I could easily add more (just add money). A year ago I got a Wii and I have 15 games excluding VC, plus a 360 with 19 games. Not to mention the 20+ DS games and numerous PC games. Not sure how many SNES and N64 games I have and I have certainly had many more.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i have around 50 legit gamecube games, my gamecube is unmodded but i use a freeloader for the import games, i don't have much legit Wii games, (only 6 legit games) i have around 7 legit DS games, all american imports too.

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    There is a really nice electronics shop in my hometown that I have been going to since primary school (i.e. well over 13 years) that sells quality second hand games (i.e. working with no scratches: the guy even shows you the discs before you buy and has fairly new releases as well) for normally £10 or slightly more. His consoles are top notch too and normally come with deals like 20 of the aforementioned games plus console and a few controllers for £60.

Therefore I have ended up with quite a stack of games and consoles as I do not sell games (I may occasionally trade one with a friend for a game I have not played) but I normally end up with about 30 for each platform before plying my suppposedly wicked ways (emulation, rom hacking and multigame discs/carts mainly: it is my machine so I can do what I like with it).

There seems to be somewhat or a thing against second hand games lately (normally developers not getting money is the main one) which if I was not so busy laughing my ass off about (there is no way in hell I am paying good money (1 new game: a good percentage or my food bill or rent for a week or even month) for a rental (even if I do not sell them) not to mention the whole principle of resale is enshrined in very prominent law) I might be a bit scared (I do like games but if it does become no resale there is going to be little holding me back from wholesale piracy and you can be damn sure I will make it so hundreds of others do the same).

Quite why I just ranted about stuff that has little to do with the original topic I do not know but it felt good so I will go with it.

8. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    O wow, for my PS2 I have like at least 60 games that I actually bought. This was before I learned about hacking and modding. Same goes for my PSP, I have like 15 or so.

9. shurf

Newcomer shurf Advanced Member

United States
    Hmm... I think I've been neglecting my Wii. I've had it for about 11 months now and only have 5 games. But I have an excuse! I never had a Gamecube before getting a Wii so lately I've been buying the best of the best of GC to play on Wii.

Oh and I buy way too many games for my PS2. Around 55. I gotta start selling some crap. >_>

10. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
  11. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PS2:68 Games / 8 Demos
    XBOX:24 Games / 2 Demos
    Modded XBOX: 200gb Harddrive - games lost count
    Super Nintendo: 15 Cartridges
    NES: 38 Catridges
    PSP: 10 Games
    NDSL: 8 Games
    PS3: 1 game
    Wii: 2 games

my g/f tells me I''m bad with money, what you guys think? lol, and I"m looking to get a elite 360 after I get my tax refund

12. shurf

Newcomer shurf Advanced Member

United States
    lol, sell some of your old PS2 games and buy something nice for her with the earned money so she never says you're bad with money again. [​IMG]

13. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I've got maybe 10 GCN games and 1 Wii game [​IMG]

I may start buying some Wii games soon as they're only 8 - 10 dollars (used & new) at the new Pawn Shop in town (also have Xbox 360 & PS2 games for that price).

And I certainly feel like a pirate, as the last time I bought a game was in April of last year [​IMG]

14. VVoltz

Bolivia
    I got my PS3 almost a month ago and I already have 5 games on it, plus Half-Life for PS2.
    Which ones I play: Half-Life.

Too bad you are so fond about your games. I am too but not when it comes on getting some new thing I'll enjoy more. =p

15. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Hey you have Uncharted? ( Judging by sig ) It's a great game. IMO it's well worth $60

16. VVoltz

Bolivia
    I'm renting it from GameFly, that and Call of Duty 4, funny, I haven't touch either of them, well, 5 minutes of Uncharted and like 30 of Call of Duty 4, honestly, I plan to keep the latest because of the multiplayer, way better than Warhawk IMO.
    Funny, you know why I don't play Uncharted yet?, because I was playing it and then I switched to Half-Life and everything seemed SOOOOO ugly!, and the camera felt weird too. Gotta finish HL soon!!! (god/ala/shaunj66/Kratos knows it won't be so soon).

17. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Pretty much the same thing with me. I could play a game for 10 minutes, soon as I have a new one, I totally forget about the rest. Of the 15 PS3 games I own, I've finished one. The Darkness, god I love that game. The atmosphere, the story, everything!

Ontopic. Its normal to have so many games when you can afford it. When I still lived with my parents I didnt have a job. I bought a game once every 4/5 months. Nowdays its atleast 2 a month.

18. VVoltz

Bolivia
    Are you planning on selling that one? (Not kidding. I want to play The Darkness for quite some time, the Demo rocks!).

19. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    Right now here's a list of games that I haven't even played yet/finished:

360:
    Turok
    perfect dark zero
    saints row
    soldier of fortune payback
    devil may cry 4

wii:
    no more heroes
    bomberman land
    soul calibur legends
    medal of honor heroes 2
    battallion wars 2

heh so yeah I hear ya Jumpman [​IMG]

I love verbatims and the internet

20. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    you shouldnt complain i dont have any games at all im broke ! :-(