I have too many games

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We have 3 Gamecubes (1 dead, 1 un-modded, 1 modded).
And over 5 years we've collected 44 games for it.

Now only a little over 1 year into the Wii's lifespan.
We have 2 Wiis and 18 games.

Is this what a normal person has? Because I sure don't feel like a pirate when I look at those boxes lined up on my shelves.

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have about that number of games for the NGC, probably a couple more, and I have like 12 Wii games probably. The only thing weird I see is how many of the same consoles you're having to buy.

edit: k, 42 NGC, 13 Wii. About right tho.
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the real question is how many have you finished already?
And if so, how many can you actually sell? I think it's normal, I mean, you have to consider how many games are you going to love and play on a single console.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, me and my sister got the first Gamecube for Christmas. After like, 2 years, it died. So we went out and bought another one. My dad decided to get on eBay and by a not working Gamecube on eBay for $25 hoping that the problem with it would be different from ours. Luckily it was, so he was able to combine the 2 dead ones to make a working one.

And with the Wii, since I bought it for myself, I took it with me to college and my sister got attached to it before I left, so she bought her own.

EDIT: Sell? I'm never selling any of my games or consoles ever. I could never part with them.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a GCN with over 30 games but I could easily add more (just add money). A year ago I got a Wii and I have 15 games excluding VC, plus a 360 with 19 games. Not to mention the 20+ DS games and numerous PC games. Not sure how many SNES and N64 games I have and I have certainly had many more.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i have around 50 legit gamecube games, my gamecube is unmodded but i use a freeloader for the import games, i don't have much legit Wii games, (only 6 legit games) i have around 7 legit DS games, all american imports too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a really nice electronics shop in my hometown that I have been going to since primary school (i.e. well over 13 years) that sells quality second hand games (i.e. working with no scratches: the guy even shows you the discs before you buy and has fairly new releases as well) for normally £10 or slightly more. His consoles are top notch too and normally come with deals like 20 of the aforementioned games plus console and a few controllers for £60.

Therefore I have ended up with quite a stack of games and consoles as I do not sell games (I may occasionally trade one with a friend for a game I have not played) but I normally end up with about 30 for each platform before plying my suppposedly wicked ways (emulation, rom hacking and multigame discs/carts mainly: it is my machine so I can do what I like with it).

There seems to be somewhat or a thing against second hand games lately (normally developers not getting money is the main one) which if I was not so busy laughing my ass off about (there is no way in hell I am paying good money (1 new game: a good percentage or my food bill or rent for a week or even month) for a rental (even if I do not sell them) not to mention the whole principle of resale is enshrined in very prominent law) I might be a bit scared (I do like games but if it does become no resale there is going to be little holding me back from wholesale piracy and you can be damn sure I will make it so hundreds of others do the same).

Quite why I just ranted about stuff that has little to do with the original topic I do not know but it felt good so I will go with it.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
O wow, for my PS2 I have like at least 60 games that I actually bought. This was before I learned about hacking and modding. Same goes for my PSP, I have like 15 or so.

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I think I've been neglecting my Wii. I've had it for about 11 months now and only have 5 games. But I have an excuse! I never had a Gamecube before getting a Wii so lately I've been buying the best of the best of GC to play on Wii.

Oh and I buy way too many games for my PS2. Around 55. I gotta start selling some crap. >_>

Chedderknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PS2:68 Games / 8 Demos
XBOX:24 Games / 2 Demos
Modded XBOX: 200gb Harddrive - games lost count
Super Nintendo: 15 Cartridges
NES: 38 Catridges
PSP: 10 Games
NDSL: 8 Games
PS3: 1 game
Wii: 2 games

my g/f tells me I''m bad with money, what you guys think? lol, and I"m looking to get a elite 360 after I get my tax refund

shurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, sell some of your old PS2 games and buy something nice for her with the earned money so she never says you're bad with money again.
biggrin.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've got maybe 10 GCN games and 1 Wii game
laugh.gif

I may start buying some Wii games soon as they're only 8 - 10 dollars (used & new) at the new Pawn Shop in town (also have Xbox 360 & PS2 games for that price).

And I certainly feel like a pirate, as the last time I bought a game was in April of last year
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my PS3 almost a month ago and I already have 5 games on it, plus Half-Life for PS2.
Which ones I play: Half-Life.

Too bad you are so fond about your games. I am too but not when it comes on getting some new thing I'll enjoy more. =p

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I got my PS3 almost a month ago and I already have 5 games on it, plus Half-Life for PS2.

Too bad you are so fond about your games. I am too but not when it comes on getting some new thing I'll enjoy more. =p

Hey you have Uncharted? ( Judging by sig ) It's a great game. IMO it's well worth $60

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Hey you have Uncharted? ( Judging by sig ) It's a great game. IMO it's well worth $60

I'm renting it from GameFly, that and Call of Duty 4, funny, I haven't touch either of them, well, 5 minutes of Uncharted and like 30 of Call of Duty 4, honestly, I plan to keep the latest because of the multiplayer, way better than Warhawk IMO.
Funny, you know why I don't play Uncharted yet?, because I was playing it and then I switched to Half-Life and everything seemed SOOOOO ugly!, and the camera felt weird too. Gotta finish HL soon!!! (god/ala/shaunj66/Kratos knows it won't be so soon).

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

Pretty much the same thing with me. I could play a game for 10 minutes, soon as I have a new one, I totally forget about the rest. Of the 15 PS3 games I own, I've finished one. The Darkness, god I love that game. The atmosphere, the story, everything!

Ontopic. Its normal to have so many games when you can afford it. When I still lived with my parents I didnt have a job. I bought a game once every 4/5 months. Nowdays its atleast 2 a month.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Pretty much the same thing with me. I could play a game for 10 minutes, soon as I have a new one, I totally forget about the rest. Of the 15 PS3 games I own, I've finished one. The Darkness, god I love that game. The atmosphere, the story, everything!

Ontopic. Its normal to have so many games when you can afford it. When I still lived with my parents I didnt have a job. I bought a game once every 4/5 months. Nowdays its atleast 2 a month.
Are you planning on selling that one? (Not kidding. I want to play The Darkness for quite some time, the Demo rocks!).

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now here's a list of games that I haven't even played yet/finished:

360:
Turok
perfect dark zero
saints row
soldier of fortune payback
devil may cry 4

wii:
no more heroes
bomberman land
soul calibur legends
medal of honor heroes 2
battallion wars 2

heh so yeah I hear ya Jumpman
wink.gif

I love verbatims and the internet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
    NinStar @ NinStar: die?