Hacking I have an itch to get a 3DS, Advice!!!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jan1tor said:
I'd have to say get one. I have a DSL, DSI XL, and 3DS. I rarely use my DSL anymore, I love the big screen on my DSI XL, And the 3DS has just been a lot of fun from the internal games, to the street pass, I carrry it with me all the time, to the games. (Except the game Dream Trigger***SUCKS***) Returned it first day I got it and replaced it with Pirates of the Carribean 3D. I have 8 games for the 3DS and more for the others. I really just enjoy it.
What wrong with Dream Trigger?

apofaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
250$? Damn, I payed 250€ here in the EU, that´s more than 350$!!! For a system thats hardware worse than old 2003 PocketPCs. (676Mhz ARM). Nintendo: that does it - At least I hope some good games will be released in some years :-D. Remakes of old games I have already played is just money-collecting and cheating users. 8€ for ZeldaDX... wtf??? Plants vs. Zombie´s price is almost 10 times higher than on the iphone.
Well, we also had to wait a long time for good games when the DS came out. Hope the 3DS is not dead allready.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Wow it's kind of scary reading that someone wants one "just because." Nintendo must be doing a great job hyping up the barren gamescape that is the 3DS.

mwhite67

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one. I think the 3D is cool. I'd recommend it. There's not much out for it, but it will be fun to pick up all the new games day one. If you can't afford it thoug it wouldn't hurt to wait. Just depends on how much disposable income you have.

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you dont have a dsi get it, the e-shop games are worth the price alone. Shantea (this game is amazing), and that galaxy like platformer, that castlevania like thing) and zenonia (were it was completely unplayable to me on the iphone due to controlls, it plays amazingly on the ds), have definetly posponed me getting oot
tongue.gif

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
belomeclone said:
The Acekard got blocked on the 3DS 2.0 update? But then, the software update unblocks it? Is that correct?

There's no real danger in Nintendo seeing all my Danny Phantom playtimes?

if you are really worried about it then buy the danny phantom original game

hahaha you said playtimes.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Stop nagging about the bad games! The console is only a few months old!
It also took a while before there were any good games for the DS.
As for waiting until they lower the price, you're going to have to wait for a long time for that to happen.
Nintendo only lowered the DS' price when they released the DSLite.

dtp30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here is my 2c.

I have a DSL and a DSi. The only reason i got my 3DS was after seeing Ghost Recon : Shadow Wars. I love RTS or Turn Based strategy (Which it is). I hardly used my DSi. So when i bought my 3DS the condition was to sell the DSi to make some of the money back on the 3DS. Which i did. I wouldn`t just go out and buy one now. I think they are a tad expensive.

D.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't buy it now.

Wait until its price goes down and some great games are released (so far, only DoA and Zelda seem to be must-haves).
Even better, wait for an updated model with decent battery life and non-scratching screen. Or even consider PSVita with its superior hardware.

Masterpaul said:
the e-shop games are worth the price alone. Shantea (this game is amazing), and that galaxy like platformer, that castlevania like thing) and zenonia (were it was completely unplayable to me on the iphone due to controlls, it plays amazingly on the ds)
Weren't all these games written for DSi ? Doesn't it mean that they all look blurry on 3DS due to different screen resolution ?

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
pachura said:
Don't buy it now.

Wait until its price goes down and some great games are released (so far, only DoA and Zelda seem to be must-haves).
Even better, wait for an updated model with decent battery life and non-scratching screen. Or even consider PSVita with its superior hardware.

Masterpaul said:
the e-shop games are worth the price alone. Shantea (this game is amazing), and that galaxy like platformer, that castlevania like thing) and zenonia (were it was completely unplayable to me on the iphone due to controlls, it plays amazingly on the ds)
Weren't all these games written for DSi ? Doesn't it mean that they all look blurry on 3DS due to different screen resolution ?
DS games did look blurry with the scaling on the 3DS screen, but after the v2.0.0 update Nintendo fixed that issue, and now it's almost impossible to tell between the 3DS and the DSi.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masterpaul said:
If you dont have a dsi get it, the e-shop games are worth the price alone. Shantea (this game is amazing), and that galaxy like platformer, that castlevania like thing) and zenonia (were it was completely unplayable to me on the iphone due to controlls, it plays amazingly on the ds), have definetly posponed me getting oot
tongue.gif

Had no idea Zenonia was on the DS? o_o". I'm slightly more excited to pick mine up on Sunday with OoT
biggrin.gif

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii said:
DS games did look blurry with the scaling on the 3DS screen, but after the v2.0.0 update Nintendo fixed that issue, and now it's almost impossible to tell between the 3DS and the DSi.
Never heard of it. Did they change the upscaling algorithm ? There's not much they can improve there...

Masterpaul

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Top List: (must have)

Mighty Milky way

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc3RgvEaMyw[/youtube]

Shantea:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJlQp-BjYk[/youtube]

Zenonia:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaEpTLs2U78[/youtube]

Soul Of Darkness:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ0Bx8w5PKQ[/youtube]

Im not gonna recommend more titles, because I have not personally played them, but there are more.

TheAmericanNomad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beertje111 said:
As for waiting until they lower the price, you're going to have to wait for a long time for that to happen.
Nintendo only lowered the DS' price when they released the DSLite.

Well it might be different this time around. The PSP debuted at like what, a hundred bucks higher than the DS? When the PSV comes out at the same price, Nintendo might be pressured into lowering the price earlier than they did with the DS. But then again, it is Nintendo, a.k.a. the most unpredictable company in the world, so who knows?

dangerboy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
Don't buy it now.

DONT LISTEN TO THIS FOOOL! BUY IT NOW!!!

there is no reason to wait a year for the price to drop $20. That $20 saved isnt worth not having a 3DS for a year!!!!!!

TOYsR Us has many deals - Buy One Get One half off on 3Ds games. and often $10(25%) off select games. I have only had to pay full price on 2 of my five 3DS games. i got two for half price, and one for 25% off.

GET A 3DS now and shop smart for games!!!!

keasy

Trophies
XP
Country
dangerboy said:
pachura said:
Don't buy it now.

DONT LISTEN TO THIS FOOOL! BUY IT NOW!!!

there is no reason to wait a year for the price to drop $20. That $20 saved isnt worth not having a 3DS for a year!!!!!!

TOYsR Us has many deals - Buy One Get One half off on 3Ds games. and often $10(25%) off select games. I have only had to pay full price on 2 of my five 3DS games. i got two for half price, and one for 25% off.

GET A 3DS now and shop smart for games!!!!

So, by your reckoning abstaining from purchase is foolish, even considering the fact the 3Ds has a physical flaw that actually damages itself, through non user fault but actual design flaw ?

WTF ! ??

You're soft as shite if you ask me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet