Hacking I have a question about Acekard and 3DS

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just want to make sure I have everything right before I go ahead and do anything when I get my Acekard in the mail. I've ordered an Acekard 2i from ValueDeluxe and I have a Nintendo 3DS updated to I believe the latest firmware the one that gave the internet browser. If it helps to identify this (I'm not sure how to identify what firmware I have yet) it says 6316 next to some footprints at the top left of the top screen.

Also I have a 16gb micro sdhc 4 given to me with my Motorola Droid that I plan on using for my Acekard. I'm not sure what brand it is but if it helps it says C16G Japan.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Ask ValueDeluxe if your cart has been updated to work on the latest 3ds v2.0 update (yup, that's the one you have). If it has then all you have to do is to follow this user's guide to set it up.

If it has not you will have to get a DS phat/lite (or failing that, a DSi or 3DS which has not been updated to the latest firmware) and update your new acekard using it, as your new Acekard will be blocked by your 3DS. For further details please see my faq on this.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've updated your 3DS to v2.0 then you're in a bit of a bind. You need another DS Lite/Phat, or a non 1.4.2 DSi to load the latest Acekard firmware onto the cartridge so that it is compatible with the 3DS v2.0.

Follow our handy guide to update the firmware on the Acekard once you get it. It's for 1.4.1 but the process is identical for the other firmware updates

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...your-acekard#11

Get the latest Acekard firmware update from their website

www.acekard.com

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have my brother's DS Lite laying around the house I could use to update the firmware if needed. Though a previous Acekard 2i has been used with it before is it okay if I still update my new one with it even though another Acekard 2i has been used with it before as well?

I'm going to shoot ValueDeluxe an e-mail now and ask that question too. Thanks for the quick responses, I do appreciate it.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have not gotten an email back from Value Deluxe, yet. I had planned on trading in Pokemon Black for cash to buy an acekard 2i from real hot stuff. I asked on the phone how much for the game in cash, he tells me $16. I get there and the idiot then offers me $12 bucks so I can't order from Real Hot Stuff.

Stupid gamestop, pisses me off -_-

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
xxteargodxx said:
Okay, I have my brother's DS Lite laying around the house I could use to update the firmware if needed. Though a previous Acekard 2i has been used with it before is it okay if I still update my new one with it even though another Acekard 2i has been used with it before as well?
It is ok.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked Value Deluxe and they said it has been updated to work with the latest 3DS firmware. SO I guess I'll find out when it comes in the mail.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
That's great! You can look forward to playing DS ROMs (and homebrew) on your 3DS then!
biggrin.gif

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
That's great! You can look forward to playing DS ROMs (and homebrew) on your 3DS then!
biggrin.gif
Yeah can't wait for it to get here..Boy do I wish mail from Hong Kong was faster lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc