OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
I have had a DS Top Toy for about half a year now, and I enjoy it very much, but I hear CycloDS has added functionality in terms of connecting to the Wii, so I was thinking of moving to it. However, I do not wish to blindly make the decision, so I have a Few questions:

How does it fare in terms of user friendliness? Is it auto DLDI patching, like the DSTT? Is transferring roms to the device as simple as Drag, Drop, Play?

How is it's lifespan? Granted I've only had the DSTT for 6 months, but I have never had a problem, will this card give me similar, if not superior, performance?

I'm sure it is SDHC compliant, but how well does it handle SDHC? I see many threads who's authors seem to have problems with SDHC SD Cards.

How is it when handling homebrew? With most homebrew, I merely drag and drop and it runs on my DSTT, can I once again expect similar or superior performance?

How is CycloDS' parent company in regards to keeping up with rom compatibilities or other updates? This is an issue I feel DSTT's parent company falls behind in, but I want to know how CycloDS' updates are.

Any additional issues I should have thought of can be explained, with my gratitude, as may any other features I may not know about.

I thank you for your conference on this matter.

Adieu.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lots of questions and points to cover, so... *takes a deep breath*

Okay, let's do this. Questions answered in order:

Yes, the CycloDS is quite user friendly. It was my first flashcart, and I had no trouble getting everything up and running. If you get stuck, try reading the manual or visit the CycloDS forums or Shane Monroe's excellent unofficial CycloDS FAQ.

Updating the firmware is simple (put the update file in the root of MicroSD card, put card in Cyclo, put Cyclo in DS, turn on DS, wait, turn off DS when you're told - and that's it. The updater file even auto-deletes itself once the job's done).

Yes, Cyclo does auto DLDI patching. Drag, drop and play = Yes.

Owned my Cyclo for a year now, and it's still going strong.

I currently use a 4GB Kingston class 4 SDHC microSD, and it works just as well as the 2GB Kingston that I got with the Cyclo. Most of the problems I've seen here on the temp involve 8GB cards, which I personally haven't used - so I can't comment one way or the other on that point.

The most commonly used homebrew apps run just fine. DSOrganise, GBA Exploader, NDS Backup Tool 3in1, Moonshell, (both the original and the new version 2), ClIRC, DS2Key and DS2Win, DSReader, ComicbookDS, Wardrive, Whee, PicrossDS, StillAliveDS. Those are just some of the homebrews on my card as I type this, and they all work great. Of course, there has been the odd app/game I've tried that white screened (ie: NewZelda). To be completely honest, Moonshell 2 sometimes freezes at the end of certain .dpg vids, but that could be down to my encoding, or it could be because it's beta software.

Rom compatibility updates are usually very prompt. The firmware occasionally has new features added (in game text reader and battery saver mode are the most recent additions). There should also be a new version sometime in the upcoming months that will add even more features to the card's GUI.

As for any issues? Well, some users have reported game freezes when using battery saver mode in TWEWY. Also, the CycloDS firware doesn't support the new EZ V 3in1+ yet. As you probably already know, the purchase price is a bit high. The support forum has been closed to new registrations for quite a while now thanks to spammers swamping them, so if you need tech support, you'll need to ask here for an existing Cyclo forum member to pass on any questions to the team. Sometimes the official website goes offline around the end of the month. Apart from that...

...nope, that's all I can think of. *collapses*

Slyde1052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Russia
Hahaha! I appreciate your sacrifice and possible brain damage due to asphyxiation to respond.

I'm glad to hear that it is such a fine product.

I will purchase one at my earliest opportunity!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la