Hacking I have a 8GB but the r4 is just loading. help please

animedude4live

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I have bought a 8GB micro sd and I did the think to let the r4 work but it wont work.
If you have the same problem or do you know how to please response

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The R4 doesn't support microSDHC memorycards. The largest microSD's you're able to use with it are 2GB ones..

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
The R4 does not support SDHC (> 4GB, usually 2GB).

You should've known that when you bought it...

(Main reason why the R4 is such an outdated but still overpriced card)

Music_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.codfclan.tk
XP
Country
United States
Buy a CycloDS.
smile.gif

Goodlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys there is a R4DS V3 which I bought off of Amazon which DOES in fact use HDSC cards I have a 4 and 8 gig and their working fine.

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goodlogic said:
Guys there is a R4DS V3 which I bought off of Amazon which DOES in fact use HDSC cards I have a 4 and 8 gig and their working fine.

Thats a fake R4 and a firmware update in September will brick your DS. So buy a M3 Real!

SonicRax

Egg-Mayo: The Movie
Trophies
XP
Country
Well um like everyone said, sadly R4DS doesn't take any SDHC cards. I read somewhere that it does take any 4GB card that isn't SDHC, but apparently the game plays kinda choppy, and I haven't seen any of those cards floating around. ._.
In any case, if you want a flashcard that does take SDHC cards, I'm guessing an M3 Real, Cyclo DS or DSTT would be the best choices for such.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
jos7960 said:
Goodlogic said:

Thats a fake R4 and a firmware update in September will brick your DS. So buy a M3 Real!
Yeah, the M3 Real has M3 Sakura.
Buy it, you won't regret it.

Goodlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Ill bet my DS there will be a way around this. Everything can be hacked. I had no Idea I had a Fake one until the other day but it works and I have a shit load of media and games and music on it. I really hope someone fixes this cause i dont make enough to get a new R4 or DS for that matter. Fingers crossed

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i spoke to a few people who run retail outlets who in turn talk to the r4 distributors and r4 reps. they told me that no one has heard of any such firmware update that will brick r4 clones. there has been no official announcement to any distributor or warnings of any kind. what you are all so scared about is a bit of internet hype posted on a chinese forum and blown way out of control by all of the misinformed kids who then pass on the information as fact.

there will be no firmware update on sept 15th.

enjoy your clone if you like it =)

-another world

Goodlogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your so right. "Chang...Chang rets make rittle American white boys go crazy and buy new L4DS carts because we tell them plobrems come soon. HA HAH HA HA HAHA
Then we can buy more rice for fatha in the maaket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol