Hardware I got my first hands on with Vita Yesterday, see what i thought!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill pick one up if I see a Bioshock for it (or TF2, which is much less likely)

You're in luck; a Bioshock game has been announced. :-)

Whether it'll be Infinite or a new game entirely remains to be seen.

They said it's an original game and not a port of 1/2/Infinite.

Although I really don't like BioShlock honestly.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait COD 3?
If they are going to be remaking a cod game they should of chosen world at war.
or Modern Warfare 1.

I'd definitely bite on World at War. The European campaign was solid although the Pacific one sucked. Still, if it had crossplay with the PS3 WaW (which people probably still play) and included all the zombie stuff then I'd be set.

Although BlOps would definitely be more preferred.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill pick one up if I see a Bioshock for it (or TF2, which is much less likely)

You're in luck; a Bioshock game has been announced. :-)

Whether it'll be Infinite or a new game entirely remains to be seen.
Oh cool, In that case ill pick up one of thier slim models when they come out (if its out by then) and maybe some PSP games I missed (Dissidia)

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
We got our store one delivered today. We get all the launch titles, but as downloads and as our store doesn't have wi-fi we couldn't actually play any games.

I'll add my impressions in this thread rather than start a new one, and I'll try and be brief.

First impressions were that it's big, and it's nearly all screen; the buttons and sticks are quite small. The system feels really nice in the hands; very comfortable to hold, and not heavy (surprising characteristics after my first impressions about its size) but them buttons seem a bit too small - we shall see when we get some games on 'em tomorrow.

It's a very, very nice screen but a bit underwhelming now we've been treated to the iPhone/iPad screens but it's on a par; the resolution is delicious.

The cameras are both great - for photos they beat the iDevices hands down. Haven't tried videos yet, but iPhone/iPad videos are notoriously good for a tiny cam.

The menu interface is very similar to the iOS setup. Swipe through screens of apps organised how you want. Except they're not squares, they're bubbles, and you swipe up and down as opposed to left and right.

Finally, the memory cards are really tiny. Like a baby MicroSD card.

Oh and it is a fingerprint magnet. We took it out the box and it instantly needed a wipe. Screen protectors will be a must but just gotta hope they don't diminish the beauty of the OLED screen.
iDevice like the iPod touch 4G maybe? Ps vita has 1.3 Megapixels camera,
to me,image quality is a bit wash out, and it cannot compete against the phone 4s, which has an 8 Megapixels.
20120130074709.jpg
img0857an.jpg
Scaled down and resized more than half the image resolution. If not, the size is about 3Megs.
There is no video recording on the vita yet. Maybe in the future firmware updates, like the 3DS.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yes, I'm basing my experience of iDevice photos off the Touch 4, which is what I have. I didn't know the iPhone's camera was better; and seeing a Vita photo off the unit itself and onto a PC (as opposed to looking at it on the device) it definitely looks 'meh' to say the least.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I got to play one today in GAME and I was very impressed at the games but the console not so much. The screen is amazing but the sticks and buttons are TINY, like so tiny I don't know why they didn't cut half inch off the screen to make NORMAL sized buttons they are crazy small when compared to the size of the overall machine.
The sticks are also REALLY SMALL and very sensitive, more so than a joypad.
I'm going to keep my preorder but I wouldn't be surprised if the Vita Slim has larger buttons and sticks and TV out etc.

Off topic but I got a brand new black Wii for £60!
Time for some Xenoblade and Zelda!!!

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They have started the PS Vita advertisements in Belgium too! There's a PS Vita available to play very close to me, I'll go to the place tomorrow. Hopefully it's actually there (it's the first day it's on display) and not too many people are there.
Can't wait!

EDIT: Played it for a good amount of time, there was absolutely no one else who knew about this I think, the PSV was in mint condition :)
All the demo's were enjoyable but nothing really seized me. Only thing that could do that was Motorstorm RC, but for some reason they use the 2 thumbsticks to drive your car, nothing else. Let's hope you can change the driving styles in the full game, because now it was quite a bummer....

FIFA also played very well, but only with normal controls. I found the touchscreencontrols lacking depth, it was handy for some casual passing but not for sending a guy deep, what exactly the biggest pro is IMHO of these control. Just didn't feel 100%.
Otherwise, great great port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...