Hardware I got an N2DSXL

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just australia and new zealand. The systems are Eur region though.
yeah that's why i asked

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why did nintendo decide to give such an early release date to au and not somewhere like japan?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat or @Shinigati
Would either of you mind running the attached homebrew and showing me what the TitleList.txt outputted to the root of your sd card? Preferably for both 11.4 new3DS and 11.4 new2DS Eur. Just trying to find out what titles Ninty stealth updated with the new2ds release. Thanks!

(i know this guinea pig stuff is getting annoying but bear with me here)
Here you go. For my N3DS I need to set up another SD card and go through initial setup again etc so I won't have that one right away.

Edit: Added the N3DS file

Attachments

• TitleListN3DSEur.txt
    3 KB · Views: 288
  • TitleListN2DSEur.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by Quantumcat,

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My little brother brought his New Nintendo 2DS XL home (fuck that name) and I got to check it out.

The top screen is quite wobbly (like the New 3DS XL but even more wobbly, except it's also a lot lighter than the New 3DS XL's top screen).
This isn't really news to anyone but they've taken everything out of the top screen apart from the screen itself.
The volume slider is where it was on the original 3DS, the speakers are on the front (but seem to be more out of the way than I expected - we'll see when I try it out later), the dual cameras are indeed on the bottom of the console (yay scratched camera lenses), and there is, of course, no 3D of any kind.
Oh, and the stylus is extremely short (insert euphemism here because I can't be bothered). It's a shame they haven't used telescoping styli since the original 3DS, but at least there are third-party ones.

Something weird is that the New 2DS XL is asking for an update even though it's already on 11.4. Uh-oh. I don't want to try updating it until I've got it hacked though. Never mind, it turns out it was just Xenoblade Chronicles 3D wanting to update. I'm retarded.

Now I just have to figure out how to hack it. I have an old 3DS that I don't really use any more but I don't really want to pay for a DSiWare game (and I doubt I can get Four Swords since I transferred from that system so it likely isn't Ambassador-eligible any more), and there aren't hard mod schematics for the New 2DS XL yet (though depending on how they've redesigned the board, it might not be that hard to work out - if I decide to open it up and I figure it out, I'll post a new thread on the subject). Bleh, give up already, Nintendo. Just let us have this round.

Well, actually New Zealanders are called kiwis here. It's slang, like they'd call us (and we call ourselves) aussies. And we both call Americans yanks and the English, poms. Maybe @TCJJ doesn't like the term, sorry! :P
Most people in the world call us "kiwis". I'm one of the few who doesn't like it. Haha, it's fine though, I'm used to it. Our whole country says it but I refuse to do so.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Here you go. For my N3DS I need to set up another SD card and go through initial setup again etc so I won't have that one right away.

Edit: Added the N3DS file
Confirmed stealth changed titles from 11.4.0-37E_new3ds --> 11.4.0-37E_new2ds:
home menu
config sysmodule
system settings

... and more to come once I have fully compared everything.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
why did nintendo decide to give such an early release date to au and not somewhere like japan?

Smaller market so less consoles to make to satisfy demand, they did the same with N3DS/XL
As was mentioned on Reddit, Australia and New Zealand are likely being used as a test market, and we often are used as a test market for other items (just look at the amount of App Store apps that go live in NZ and/or Oz before the rest of the world, for instance). It's kinda nice but we rarely get new stuff that's any good before anyone else. We usually only get the crap stuff first. Unless it's, you know, being released on the same day worldwide, in which case we get it first since we see the new day first.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Confirmed stealth changed titles from 11.4.0-37E_new3ds --> 11.4.0-37E_new2ds:
home menu
config sysmodule
system settings

... and more to come once I have fully compared everything.
I am dumping some files for someone, I'll send them to you as well

OMG I just realised it comes with a charger plug!!

I was having a better look at the box before I packed it away. It has a list of what it comes with on the back, and in the list it said AC adapter. I thought, "I got ripped off" and pulled it all out again to have a better look. But lo and behold, there is an AC adapter nestled inside the inner box!! Score!

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OMG I just realised it comes with a charger plug!!

I was having a better look at the box before I packed it away. It has a list of what it comes with on the back, and in the list it said AC adapter. I thought, "I got ripped off" and pulled it all out again to have a better look. But lo and behold, there is an AC adapter nestled inside the inner box!! Score!
I totally forgot to mention that. My brother said the same thing, and I heard about that the other day. About damn time.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'd take some photos of all the consoles I have here but my room is a bomb site right now, so maybe I'll do it later after I tidy up everything (it's not usually this bad; it's just today, I swear).

My priority is to hack this darn thing, but first, I need to update my old 3DS to B9S and see what I can do from there.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
. . . she
You should know if anyone, you've been in my signature practically since I joined :P

my 2ds LOL

Pretty!!! Will you give it a name? Maybe Tigger (I think I'm thinking that cause of the little toy bus)

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i might even order a new 2ds xl since it comes with eu region. The only thing is the shipping will cost about half the actual 2ds:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at it spec wise. It's about the weight of N3DS, but with N3DS XL sized screen. I like the weight of the N3DS, but the XL screen. It probably doesn't help that I have IPS upper on some of my XL. If you don't mind the TN panel and 2D, then it would be good. I'll probably pick one up. Wish we had the white/orange one or the Slime Edition.
Edit: I find the N3DS XL feels heavy after a while.

I think Nintendo stopped springing for IPS screens. All my recent ones are TN.

Is there any way, before purchasing a n3DS XL, I could have a greater chance to have top/bottom IPS screens? I mean if I ultimately don't end up having them after purchase thats fine but I'll at least try depending on advice lol, and thanks.

sickneckbeardbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way, before purchasing a n3DS XL, I could have a greater chance to have top/bottom IPS screens? I mean if I ultimately don't end up having them after purchase thats fine but I'll at least try depending on advice lol, and thanks.

Did you mean N2DS XL? No matter what you meant, the answer is no.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi