Hardware I got an N2DSXL

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Put screen protectors on it. I do that to all my systems. Either that or live with scratches on the bottom screen and marks on top screen.
I'll recommend that to my brother, yeah. He likes screen protectors a lot more than I do. I've never personally liked the things (personal preference, and because I'm stupid like that) but I might have used them on my original 3DS if it wasn't too late by the time I found out about the problem (it was a launch console, so I was among the first people to notice the actual issue).

That stylus position is golden.
It's cleverly-hidden, I'll give them that, but it's a pain to get out, the top of it is uneven and asymmetrical, and it's so damn short that it's actually insulting.

Reactions: Romain80200

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll recommend that to my brother, yeah. He likes screen protectors a lot more than I do. I've never personally liked the things (personal preference, and because I'm stupid like that) but I might have used them on my original 3DS if it wasn't too late by the time I found out about the problem (it was a launch console, so I was among the first people to notice the actual issue).

It's cleverly-hidden, I'll give them that, but it's a pain to get out, the top of it is uneven and asymmetrical, and it's so damn short that it's actually insulting.
I like the matte ones. It cuts down on glare. I had scratches all over on my first DS. It was so annoying. Aftert that, I started to put on screen protector.

Maybe they're trying to tell us the lifespan of the N2DS XL and by extension the 3DS family by the length of the stylus.

Reactions: TankedThomas

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A9LH is old anyways, it doesn't matter.
I am already aware of that. But it would be interesting to see if they did any attempt to stop piracy or at this point, they don't care anymore.
@Quantumcat

Edit:
The bootrom is the same and is vulnerable to sighax/ntrboothax regardless, though.

Regarding to this, A9LH doesn't have anything to do with the bootrom. They could put a kill-switch like this one from the Wii to brick the console if the CTRNAND is on 2.1, for example. Or change the way the firms are signed.

Last edited by yacepi15,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe this is Nintendo's attempt to fighting A9LH...nah, they are just going to use the same hardware as the New3DS and have all the same flaws. This is Nintendo we are talking about here.
Oh, hi past me! Fancy seeing me here!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Sorry to bump this thread but I was wondering is the matte finish easily scratchable as many Youtubers have been claiming?
Just did a little fingernail scratch on mine. No. Just rubbed off.

edit: i've owned my system about 6 weeks and used it extensively and no scratches on it so far.
I guess they forgot to coat nintendium on Quantumcat's system :P

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.