Hacking I feel bad for DS-X owners now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

On behalf of the DS-Xtreme community, shut the hell up.

More like, on behalf of yourself. Why the hostility? Don't speak for others when they don't share the same opinion as you.

for crying out loud, the Qkin error is on ONE batch of cards, and its being resolved. Infact, as I understand it, if you format the card it works fine. As for limited memory, when was the last time you needed more then 16 games at one given time? Do you have ADHD or something?

"For crying out loud", listen to yourself ... if anyone is going hyperactive, it's you.

QUOTE(Julee @ Jan 4 2007, 05:16 PM)And with 13 posts, this makes you a vetern here, whos opinion matters to me. [/sarcasm]

Uhhh, how old are you? I'm willing to put money on something less than 12. Why do people feel a need to defend a product they bought, with the same intensity as if they were defending their nation. Just because they spent money on it, they feel almost insulted to hear that their money might've not been used for the best. Just calm down ... it's not a war. It's just funny (as in peculiar) to see people being so defensive ...

lickmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
for crying out loud, the Qkin error is on ONE batch of cards, and its being resolved. Infact, as I understand it, if you format the card it works fine. As for limited memory, when was the last time you needed more then 16 games at one given time? Do you have ADHD or something?

You're quite the smart consumer investing in a product that is 3-4x times the price of other Slot 1 solutions. Sure, you end up paying $30 for a 1gb MicroSD card for the other Slot 1 cards, but that's still 2x times less than the DS-X for double the space. Are you an idiot? How can you possibly think that isn't a good buy? Above and beyond that, what the hell does someone's post count have to do with anything? IQ is not relative to your post count. You're a PERFECT example of that.

Being a man (or a woman) means sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake. You lost some money by being hasty, and that's that. Stop trying to save face by being illogical.

phienomenal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you guys all need to relax, people have opinions, if you like the ds-x more power to you, if you like the R4 more power to you, each device has its pros and cons. If you want the homebrew application thing, go for it, if you want to watch movies and have some games on it go for the R4, it doesn't really matter. I personally have a DS-X, and My brother has an R4, he has more memory, i couldn't wait so i forked over the extra cash for a DS-X, am i mad at the fact that he has twice the memory then mine? No, i could careless, i have 1 game and thats all i really need, which is castlevania atm, and i can stuff a movie on it if i want. He has a lot of problems with castlevania, as how it freezes a lot more then my ds-x. honestly it doesn't matter.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know what the big deal of being able to play homebrew on a slot 1 card is. I've never found anything other than the games that I'm interested in putting on a card.

The__B

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
And with 13 posts, this makes you a vetern here, whos opinion matters to me. [/sarcasm]

I'll be leaving now.

Please do....

By your logic all i would have to do is make 2000 nonsense response in random topics whining about everything and insulting new users instead of helping em and i would be a forum god....

please grow up...

As for the DSX / R4 war i own a DSX and just orderd a R4 because it can hold more games/mp3/aps/homebrew AND SNES GAMES
biggrin.gif
i own 42 Legal DS games and if i wanna take all 42 of em with me i need about 800MB of space + some LEGAL mp3's i ripped of cd's i owned 512MB just wont be enough.

So why am i keeping my DSX when i orderd a R4 with a 1gb Micro SD ? Simply because right now it has better homebrew support and working download play
smile.gif

Just stick whit what you like and let ppl have their own opinions.

PS hacked my
psp.gif
to play SUIKODEN 1/2 SCREW YOU GUYS FOR NOT RELEASING IT HERE
yaypsp.gif

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
PS hacked myÂ
psp.gif
 to play SUIKODEN 1/2 SCREW YOU GUYS FOR NOT RELEASING IT HEREÂ
yaypsp.gif
Done this. It's awesome. My old Supercard SD works great on homebrew n games (Well, Castlevania
cry.gif
). I'll worry more about new DS carts when they let me do really cool shit. For now, PSP is eating up my time/money.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I totaly agree with screamster101. I've got a ds-x, it works, but looses the save games (corrupted says the gam). Fuck the homebrew, I'm not a liar, didn't buy this pice of crap to play homebrew. I've got a palm, don't need that crappy agenda, I've got an mp3 player, don't need one in my card, I don't like doom and I don't want to use messenger in my DS. All I wanted was a card to put some games that I own all in one place and be able to play them. Can't do that, the crappy card currupts the save games, got back to my original games and left the DS-X (D suxs) asside. I'm so pissed off. Listen to me, DON'T BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP, IF YOU WANNA TOSSA YOU MONEY AWAY GIVE IT TO ME, I'LL USE IT TO BUY BEER!!!!

Have you updated the firmware to 1.02? I believe that fixed most savegame issues? I do believe there was still something with not handling a homebrew app incorrectly causing it to write the FAT wrongly which could corrupt any file, so if you did update the firmware, it might be that homebrew app. Which is bad too though and should have been fixed ages ago...

As for the DSX / R4 war i own a DSX and just orderd a R4 because it can hold more games/mp3/aps/homebrew AND SNES GAMES
biggrin.gif

Hmm, I believe you can't play SNES games on the R4? SnesDS I believe, requires a Slot2 cart with ram, not sure 'bout snezzids and SnesEmulDS though... *-)

QUOTE(lickmy @ Jan 5 2007, 01:16 AM)You're quite the smart consumer investing in a product that is 3-4x times the price of other Slot 1 solutions. Sure, you end up paying $30 for a 1gb MicroSD card for the other Slot 1 cards, but that's still 2x times less than the DS-X for double the space. Are you an idiot? How can you possibly think that isn't a good buy? Above and beyond that, what the hell does someone's post count have to do with anything? IQ is not relative to your post count. You're a PERFECT example of that.

Being a man (or a woman) means sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake. You lost some money by being hasty, and that's that. Stop trying to save face by being illogical.
And logical is 1Gig is more then half a Gig, so R4 is better?
Not everything is about the amount of storage space man, X9 used MicroSD for storage space too, are you gonna tell X9 is better than DS-X too?
Yes, the DS-X is expensive, but it has it's advantages over R4 too, and if people like ds-x better because of those advantages, they don't need to admit they made a mistake, because then it isn't.
And why is it a mistake to have bought something when something "better" comes out anyway, I've bought a GameCube a few years ago, now the Wii is better so I made a mistake having bought the GameCube?

TheValeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah ..... it's like the "my Pisstation2 is better than your X-Blockx" rants that go on and on in other forums ... only this time over a flippin flashcard.

It's like "we're all pirates here but I'm a better one cause I paid more for my DS-X ... even if it does corrupt saves .... so I've gotta put everything else down" Get a life. Far bigger things to worry about than this sort of crap ... honestly.
wtf.gif

Buy the card you fell comfortable with ... and hey .... if something else comes along that is better ..... buy that as well. At the price these things sell it's only like buying one.. maybe two original games at most anyway. And you can use the microSD in any of the new slot 1 carts so no loss of investment there either. And we all know that the majority of people buy these things primarily to run downloaded roms so the occasional game that you "might" have to buy because it doesn't run properly gives money back to the people creating the games in the first place .... and we don't want them to stop producing new games after all .... cause then we're stuffed. Unless you like running Doom homebrew I supoose .....

Oh yeah .... I've only done a few posts .... so maybe my view doesn't matter either ....

RagingHamster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. This conversation reminds me a flash animation on newgrounds. About someone who derailed the forums and everyone on the train died. And this one guy was scraping his guts back into his body. Disturbing actually.

I refuse to join in yet another anger fueled cyber-argument.

But it is entertaining. In a SICK, SICK, WAY.

P.S. Sorry if I flew off topic. R4DS. There.

And yes I eagerly await the arrive of this fabulous product through the mail.

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Feel bad for DS-X owners all you want.
I have a DS-X that I have to use with the paper fix, but other than that, it does a great job. I don't care if it was expensive since I'm not hurting for cash at the moment. Download play is something that I enjoy often.
Then I guess this is what the internet is all about: Picking on those who have made different choices.
This type of threads are very common in many many sites. I was hoping we could avoid them on GBATemp though...

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering there are 100,000 DS-X units that have the potentail of having the qkin error(white screen of death). I would rather get something else until I knew the bad ones were all gone but now at least one of two things will happen... their price will either go down or they will have to a release an expandable version and their old one will still go down and price.

Everyone wins, as long as you read up on your stuff you won't get screwed with whatever you choose.... most of the time.

glitchbit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yea the craziest thing about the DS-X problems is that they actually think they can fix a hardware bug from the 2nd production(all of batch 4 and maybe 2 more batches we do not know about?) with software. That is like me saying oh I can just fix my stick of ram which has its timing way off just by updating my bios to compensate lol. While yes certain motherboards with certain bios will accept more bad timing from ram than others there is only so much software can do to compensate. And with all the delays DS-X team is having fixing this issue I'd say the hardwares timing is too far off for them to be able to code a fix for it. They're gonna have to suck it up and take a hit... it is not like they haven't charged enough money from seeling the 1st production( batches 1, 2 and 3)

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This entire topic is utterly insane. I have a DS-X. It works and when I bought it, there was jack shit else out for Slot 1. Do I have regrets buying it? Fuck no. I bought it, I'm not going to just sit there and mope that I may very well have bought overpriced hardware.

I'm not going to say that DS-X is better or worse than R4 or M3 Simply. It is simply a different cart and I prefer internal memory over external. 512MB is also more than enough for me. Why? Because I don't need 30 games with me at once. Some people want that, I don't criticize them. If that's what they want in a cart then I'm glad there is an option for them that works great.

So I ask a few simple questions. Why all of this, yes I'm going to use this terrible word, "fanboy-ism"? If you're not happy with the product, why do you feel the need to go out and actually insult everybody else that has purchased the product? Is it because you're opinion is better than everyone else's? The answer to that last one is no. So how about those of you that are bickering over this just shut the fuck up. This forum is looking more and more like Gamefaqs with attitude like this.

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
buying a DS-X back when it was the ONLY working slot1 solution, was a great idea.

buying one now, is just dumb.... IMHO

THE END

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh lawd, this topic is retarded. If person A wants to buy a DS-X for this amount of money because it does this, that, and the other thing, they do. If person B wants to buy an R4 because it's cheaper and does this, that, but not the other thing, they do. Either way, it's no skin off my back. I could really care less. I'm gonna play my games and that's that. Now if I was the actual supplier selling the cards, I'd care then....Actually, I wouldn't care then. I'd probably just take the person's money and send them a bunch of print outs of a birthday cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also