I don't need sex...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Westside, Jan 12, 2008.

Jan 12, 2008

I don't need sex... by Westside at 4:34 PM (2,782 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    CUZ THE UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO FUCKS ME EVERYDAY!!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Sorry, it's just the fact the University of Toronto may not be what it seems to be. Being such a large Uni, they can't even handle logistics well. I've just got a confirmation that I was dropped out of 2 of the 5 courses that I've picked this time because the time I've signed up the classes were full... When I signed up online, the courses were open!!! If the courses were closed, people would not be allowed to sign up... I've already been to 3 lectures in each of these courses god damn it!

2. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    It's not just your university. From what I've been told by various people, universities as a whole tend to screw people over in varying ways. And why is it everyone posts everything in the testing area these days... [​IMG]

3. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Well, testing area is like an insurance. [​IMG]

4. living-ghost

Newcomer living-ghost Advanced Member

Canada
    University of Guelph is has many problems in such matters. The most recent on is the online administration page taking an hour to do anything up to and including view marks.

They recently "upgraded" the program and now it doesn't seem to support anywhere near the required amount of traffic.

In other news I have graduated so they can no longer fuck me... I now need sex.

5. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I'm going to U of T, I hope

6. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I don't know who these people that complain to you are but they sure sound annoying. [​IMG]

7. JimmyJangles

Newcomer JimmyJangles Advanced Member

United States
    Stuff like this happened at my university as well, people getting dropped from courses like a month after classes had started just because the ones in charge apparently can't count.

The worst I saw was one class that had 20 seats open during registration. Like a month after classes started the professor says "I made a mistake, this class can only accept 8 students maximum, some will have to drop." Even more ridiculous is he basically wanted to do a "pull names out of a hat" deal to choose who left and who stayed.

Luckily I and a few others were graduating seniors so we couldn't be dropped, but the rest got a "Better luck next time" and couldn't do a thing about it. Even worse, it brought some of them below the required hours to be a full time student so they got into trouble with their scholarships and loans.

8. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    That kind of thing happened with me too in my brazilian university.. it's a worldwide thing

9. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    I know! [​IMG]

10. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    There was a Chemistry class, that you need to sign up for both lecture and lab at the same time.
    The lecture had like 140 seats, the labs were 20 people each and there were 4 of them. 20 * 4 = 140? I wonder who needs to attend elementary school before working at an university.

I never got dropped because a course was full,
    but I couldn't sign up for lecture which had more than 60 empty seats remaining, but all labs were full
    (Thanks to some genius math, and thanks to some genius who signed up for lab but not lecture)

Later I found out they added extra labs, but by then all labs and the lecture were all full. I'm yet to take a first year Chem =P

11. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Bobrules, I saw your pics on this site before, and you are pretty built. If I was in your position, I would say fuck UofT and go to the Military University. I made a bad choice when I was young, could've went there. You get paid for education, and you have a guaranteed occupation to work alongside one of the most hardcore soldiers in Canada! However, Military University is a sausage fest. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    My first three terms at University of Waterloo is all well and good. Thank goodness.

On my first coop term now, working at $18.50 per hour. [​IMG]

13. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    news flash: some people don't want to be in the military

14. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Newsflash: If they don't, they can pay for the education there. I belive even if you don't enjoy military, it is the highest discipline and looks outstanding on your resume. You can just go to the school there and go back to the civilian world and work as a civilian. You will not have to go through bootcamp or anything along that line.

15. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    legitimate topic moves to legitimate area, off to gotc

16. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    I guess you'll have to register in person =/

17. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Fuckers pulled crap on me when I was in too. I got snookered into taking a Calc class I didn't need which was hell for me to barely pass with lots of extra work, so that set me back 1 class. Later on I then again got screwed by my program dept for my major where I was supposed to work on something over the summer to get credit for a class and the sonovabitch went to Vietnam for the summer for research and I got fucked again. That second one sucked as I got screwed into staying in the college for another semester so I wasn't out until Christmas and couldn't grad with my 2000 class so it was in 01 I had to come back after being away for 6mo to walk. That bonehead move cost me basically around $1000 in added classes, gas, time, and effort. >:\

18. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    Newsflash: when you go to a military school the Military dogmas, rules, lifestyles, ect. get shoved down your throat. That's because it is a Military school, and it is built around the military, everything is about the military, and so on. If they didn't do that, it wouldn't be an effective military school, and it would be more like a normal school with the military tacked on somewhere.

19. Mortenga

Member Mortenga GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Now that's just crasy talk.

20. Fiddy101

Fiddy101 Newbie

Newsflash: [​IMG]