Hardware I Don't Care What Anyone Says But...

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome! another convert.

I am completely _obsessed_ with the GBM. for me it couldnt be any more perfect. an EZ3 or EZ4 and a GBM and you have the ultimate platform for portable gaming.

i have 5 gbms. and i could write a paper on why the GBM is possibly the best portable system ever.

ianz

Trophies
XP
Country
5!
ohmy.gif
so... how are you going to play them all at the same time?
gba networking is only up to 4... and having 5 of them in your pocket beats the purpose of ultra portable.... however you can fit more in your pocket when its smaller...

but one person with 5 gbm's is just insane

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It would have been the perfect Gameboy if there was a way to connect it with the Gamecube so I can play Zelda 4 swords...
But no, no... Nintendo stupidly removed this connection... I sooo wanted to upgrade my GBA to a GBM...

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would have been the perfect Gameboy if there was a way to connect it with the Gamecube so I can play Zelda 4 swords...
But no, no... Nintendo stupidly removed this connection... I sooo wanted to upgrade my GBA to a GBM...

theres actually a forum dedicated to converting cables to be compatible with GBM. forgot the site, but hes got schematics and pin outs and doesnt charge alot to mod an official cable.

edit found it CheapAssGamer

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5!
ohmy.gif
so... how are you going to play them all at the same time?
gba networking is only up to 4... and having 5 of them in your pocket beats the purpose of ultra portable.... however you can fit more in your pocket when its smaller...

but one person with 5 gbm's is just insane

i dont actually bring all 5 with me! i just keep them all charged, and pick one to bring for the day. if one runs out of battery, i just throw it on the charger and grab another.

i have one of the Special Edition FFIV ones. love that one the most.

also you can trade pokemon with more than 5 gbm/gba if you have wireless adapters.

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@dexmix
Thanks for the link... I already knew about this website, but as I'm really not good at soldering stuff (and don't even have the things to do it), I would have prefered buying directly this cable...

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda liked the fact that Nintendo actually tried to market a shitload of different styles and colors (wewt, faceplates) on a portable for once...
happy.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Aug 21 2007, 11:34 PM)]I kinda liked the fact that Nintendo actually tried to market a shitload of different styles and colors (wewt, faceplates) on a portable for once...
happy.gif
...and didn't actually sell any of them in Europe.
laugh.gif
IIRC there were a lot of people complaining that they couldn't get faceplates over here.

disc0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, other than difficulty finding faceplates, and unreasonable price at nintendo's online store ($5 for a little piece of plastic? wtf?) it's a great system. People think it's a cell phone at a glance, and it's about the same size as my actual cell. Battery life is great, the screen is clear and has great pixel density, the shoulder buttons are only a little annoying on fast-paced games, and with a flash card with enough memory, you can carry every gba game you'd ever want to play.

In short, it's the ultimate portable gaming device, emphasis on "portable". It gets more use than my DS lite or PSP because I don't mind carrying it around. It's the first mainstream portable that's REALLY small enough to fit in your pocket easily, and the massive GBA library + homebrew means endless entertainment.

Yes, I've got the same combination as the OP, and yes, I'm just as thrilled with it.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a GBA flash card yet, but I love my 2 micros. One famicom and one black. I got this third party Play-Asia pack and it's a great value. 8(give or take, I can't remember) face plates for 10 bucks. At the moment, my black GBM looks awesome. It has Orbital in it, which is a black cartridge, this faceplate, and with the silver l/r/start/select buttons, it's awesome. A perfect contrast of light and dark.
Small, useless, ultra sensitive. Need I say more?

Have you actually played one? It was the subject of many of my jokes, then I actually played it. It's amazing.
@dexmix
Thanks for the link... I already knew about this website, but as I'm really not good at soldering stuff (and don't even have the things to do it), I would have prefered buying directly this cable...
IIRC there's someone on there in Europe who is willing to make cables then send them for a fee. I paid $25 for mine and it was worth it.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have one mint, factory sealed... not planning on opening it but it is sorta neat, it just disgraces the system seeing it lying all beatup, scratched up in a used game store..and they usually want $50 for a used one which is what I paid for a new one. I should've got into collecting consoles ages ago like back in 1998..there were some really really neat gameboy color and gameboy advance systems that'd probably be worth over $200 today boxed and sealed. I keep my eyes out tho but fleabayers spend a lot of money.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the GBM was the bees knees. I had to sell mine since money is really tight right now, but I loved it and all my friends did too.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was overpriced @ $100 when it came out, price dropped to about $50 and some were getting it for around $35 new at walmart or something. I felt that was a fair price. I found it hard enough to squint my eyes peering into the tiny gameboy color screen, this must be rediculous
smile.gif

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just received mine (the 20th anniversary edition). Since I already had 2 SPs at home (I have one and my wife has one too), I thought it would be nice to have a Micro. Well, it made me want to play GBA games again. I've put most of the "essential" GBA games as seen on the forum thread, and man do I love that little thing. And the retro style gives it a really great look! Now I couldn't live without it!
biggrin.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got mine a few days ago. It's a brilliant little console, though I may have concern for my eyes later
tongue.gif
As long as I don't play for too long it's fine right
tongue.gif

It'll be for like 15 minutes at a time max.

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During Christmas season 2006 Walmart had the micro for $40 on Black Friday. It was one of those 3 hour specials and I showed up about 3 hours late - but register wasn't reprogrammed yet and still got it for $40. Good deal for a low price.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely love mine! I got it for Christmas this past year and it has been great. The screen is way better than the GBASP. Has the same pixel count, but on a smaller screen with 5 brightness settings! Amazing! That with my M3 MiniSD adapter and I have the ultimate portable gaming machine. Small enough to throw in your pocket and small enough to keep your boss from seeing it! I own a GBASP and the screen was good for its time, but its not as good as the micro.

I agree that it was way overpriced at $100USD, but at 50, its a good steal. The only problem is that it (like the DS), doesnt play GB or GBC games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4