Hacking I can't run gba on my DS

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have TTDS in my slot 1 and today I got one 128mbps Firelinker card.The card had 2 games on it Golden sun and Wario and when I try to run them I get black screen or it freezes after 3-4 seconds.Any idea what can I do - I really would like to run GBA
unsure.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your 128 Mbit cart is not recognized by the TTDS. You would need a special linker cable and an original GBA or GBA SP to put new games on there.

Consider buying the EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack. You can run the GBA ExpLoader software from your TTDS to put games on it and run them.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Gandev is saying that the slot-2 card already has two games on it, the problem will be nothing to do with the ttds at all.

You should check that the games have copied correctly, maybe by testing the cart in a GBA or one someone elses DS. Try ang get your friend to copy the games again, see if that helps, he/she may have copied them wrong. Try booting the slot-2 card without the ttds in the ds maybe.

I do agree though, that a newer model slot-2 cart would be your best move, the EZ 3-in-1 is a good choice.

Gandev

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But if I put only the gba card, which is Firelinker, I can start the card, so it reads it, but it freezes.I get the nintendo and camelot logos and then nothing.....

And you want to say that there is no way to copy new games on the card, as I have only DS?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, we're saying that the only way to copy new games to the cart would be with the original flashing software and linker cable. Nobody has written a program for the DS to reflash Firelinker carts like they have for the 3in1 and Flash Advance carts.

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, remember that is a slot-2 cart. You need to use a passme or nopass device - which the DSTT has built in!
There's an option in the menu (I can never remember where) to enabled nopass mode, allowing you to run your slot-2 cart.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...you don't need a NoPass device to run a GBA flash cart in GBA mode. Otherwise how would it run on an actual GBA, which doesn't have a slot-1?

The two problems this guy is having is that 1) the two games currently flashed to the Firelinker are screwed up, and 2) it doesn't look like he has any way to reflash it. He needs the right linker cable, the right client software, and an original GBA/GBASP in order to fix both problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1