I can't run gba on my DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gandev, Aug 1, 2009.

Aug 1, 2009

I can't run gba on my DS by Gandev at 7:00 PM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Gandev
    OP

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    I have TTDS in my slot 1 and today I got one 128mbps Firelinker card.The card had 2 games on it Golden sun and Wario and when I try to run them I get black screen or it freezes after 3-4 seconds.Any idea what can I do - I really would like to run GBA [​IMG]

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Your 128 Mbit cart is not recognized by the TTDS. You would need a special linker cable and an original GBA or GBA SP to put new games on there.

Consider buying the EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack. You can run the GBA ExpLoader software from your TTDS to put games on it and run them.

3. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Gandev is saying that the slot-2 card already has two games on it, the problem will be nothing to do with the ttds at all.

You should check that the games have copied correctly, maybe by testing the cart in a GBA or one someone elses DS. Try ang get your friend to copy the games again, see if that helps, he/she may have copied them wrong. Try booting the slot-2 card without the ttds in the ds maybe.

I do agree though, that a newer model slot-2 cart would be your best move, the EZ 3-in-1 is a good choice.

4. Gandev
    OP

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    But if I put only the gba card, which is Firelinker, I can start the card, so it reads it, but it freezes.I get the nintendo and camelot logos and then nothing.....

And you want to say that there is no way to copy new games on the card, as I have only DS?

5. DanTheManMS

United States
    Right, we're saying that the only way to copy new games to the cart would be with the original flashing software and linker cable. Nobody has written a program for the DS to reflash Firelinker carts like they have for the 3in1 and Flash Advance carts.

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Guys, remember that is a slot-2 cart. You need to use a passme or nopass device - which the DSTT has built in!
    There's an option in the menu (I can never remember where) to enabled nopass mode, allowing you to run your slot-2 cart.

7. DanTheManMS

United States
    ...you don't need a NoPass device to run a GBA flash cart in GBA mode. Otherwise how would it run on an actual GBA, which doesn't have a slot-1?

The two problems this guy is having is that 1) the two games currently flashed to the Firelinker are screwed up, and 2) it doesn't look like he has any way to reflash it. He needs the right linker cable, the right client software, and an original GBA/GBASP in order to fix both problems.

8. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    It would be easiest to get an EZ Flash 3 in 1 ;_;

9. TheWorldEndsWith

Newcomer TheWorldEndsWith Advanced Member

United States
    Ez flash 3in 1 will also let you use the ds opera browser

10. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    sorry to tell ya this but you better get a ez flash 3 in 1 it's way easier to use ! and it will also get you many capability