Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to read The Killer Angels by Monday, but I just can't motivate myself to read it. When I start reading it I get a headache. Is there some way I can force myself to read it?

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reward, have someone hide a few bills in the pages, and force yourself to read it and as you read through it you'll find money, prompting you to read it some more.

Or procrastinate, hey its Monday, that gives you tonight, Saturday, and Sunday!
No point trying to do something you can't do now, later.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
Reward, have someone hide a few bills in the pages, and force yourself to read it and as you read through it you'll find money, prompting you to read it some more.

Or procrastinate, hey its Monday, that gives you tonight, Saturday, and Sunday!
No point trying to do something you can't do now, later.
I have to go up north for my cousins birthday early tomorrow morning, and it's only an hour drive. I probably won't have time to read a good chunk of the book or complete the lovely packet it comes with. I will arrive back home around 7:00 pm Sunday night.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
duh, Sparknotes! I hate to read back in Sophomore year and it was horrible. I tried reading it myself but after falling asleep after every five minutes for a couple of days, I sided with Sparknotes.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
duh, Sparknotes! I hate to read back in Sophomore year and it was horrible. I tried reading it myself but after falling asleep after every five minutes for a couple of days, I sided with Sparknotes.
I'm in an honors class, so they expect us to do a packet crafted around things not included in Spark Notes.

So will advil work?
unsure.gif

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Trust me when I say sparknotes work, honor's class or not. That gives you a basic idea. Then once you seem like you know the book you can ask your classmates more about the obscure stuff. Do you have a test on Mon? If you dont you can use spark notes to help give you more time to read as well.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Trust me when I say sparknotes work, honor's class or not. That gives you a basic idea. Then once you seem like you know the book you can ask your classmates more about the obscure stuff. Do you have a test on Mon? If you dont you can use spark notes to help give you more time to read as well.
I'm not sure if I will have a test on Monday, but my teacher is well aware of spark notes and has designed his tests and assignments to work around spark notes. I know for a fact I have to have this packet done on Monday.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
M&M's.
You can eat one every time you read 2 pages (or 1 page, depending on your reading speed / print size).

Worked for me when I had to force myself to revise. Of course you can use something else if you don't like M&M's, just make sure it's something moreish that won't make you feel sick after the 10th one
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gong