Hacking I cant get Action Replay V1.14 loader to work.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some is just missing from this that isnt allowing me to use action replay. Whenever I boot up the app in the homebrew channel it reads the disk ID and then it says "Failed to initialize Fat" and afterwards "Failed to load .DOL file." I put the ar114.dol file in the root of my SD card so I dont know why it would fail to load. What could be the problem?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What app do you actually use? Is there any app that loads AR codes in Wii mode and passes them to GC mode? Would be new to me. If you try to read the codes with the original AR, it will try to load them from memory card. Which i'm 99.99% sure is the case here.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using an app that just asks you to put a .dol file on the root of your SD card then load it up the app in homebrew and to have a 3rd party memory card in the 2nd memory slot. If you know if something better please post cause this one is giving me trouble.

Forever Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy and Paste from gscentral boards:
Credit to original poster Hells Guardian

Default Using The Action Replay GCN on the Wii Without a disk or AR Card!!!!

Someone has managed to get this all working. this is an app that will launch The GCN AR dol and then force load the Gamecube game with the codes in place. It will give you complete access to the uses and functions of the Gamecube Action replay.

Things you will need.

1. The Homebrew Channel installed on your wii.
2. An SD card for use with the wii homebrew channel.
3. At least one 3rd Party Gamecube Memory card. Two is best.
4. A way to copy the action replay save data to you Gamecube memory card in slot B (a homebrew app for the wii to do this is included however it wouldn't work for me.......) You may be able to just use the actual Action Replay card instead. I couldn't try that.... I don't have one.
5. A Gamecube controller. (Duh)
6. A gamecube Game.
7. The download linked to at this location.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XWRCAU7S

When you have all these things just do the following

First take the Rvl-mios-v5.wad.out.wad file and the ar114.dol and apps folder and place them in your front sd card root dir. If an apps directory already exists on your sd card then copy only the subfolders into the apps directory. Now from the Homebrew channel run the program Mios patch. This will patch your Mios to enable the loader and the homebrew loader for the gamecube as well. Just follow the onscreen instructions. (shouldn't cause any problems for any of your wii's GC Compatability)

Insert original Gamecube game then run the Action Replay Loader from the Homebrew Channel. It will load into Action Replay v1.14. You can now use cheats with your ORIGINAL Gamecube dvds. (Do not try to change which game you are using after you start the AR. I have yet to try it with a multi disk game so I can't say if it works or not.......)

I'll be uploading a Wad File at a later time that will install a channel directly to your system menu to load this.

This does work but often has compatability issues with certain memory Cards (official Nintendo brands do NOT work). If yours do not work I don't know what to tell ya........ Best of luck to everyone with this. I'm uploading a channel for it as I type. You will still have to have the other items on the SD card. this is just the loader that will launch the dol file for the AR.

Here is the Channel
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C53IR24A

You may want to start by taking a look at the memory card you are using, hope this helps!

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I'm pulling my hair to get this to work. I've litterally been working on this for 4 hours straight. So if I use an official Action Replay memory card will that work? I believe its 59 blocks.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
"Failed to initialize FAT" means that the ARBooter application cannot even read your SD card in the first place, and that is why it cannot find and load the ar114.dol file.

Not all homebrew supports SDHC cards... is the SD card you are using an SDHC card?
If it is SDHC, then try using a regular SD card (2GB or less capacity, NOT SDHC), and see if it works.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap your right I was using an 8 GB SD card. Why didnt anyone mention this being a problem before? No guides or even readme's didn't say a thing about SD card size. Thanks for the relief I thought I was crazy.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you damysteryman for your help. I'm kinda worried now I didnt **** up my Wii now because I kept installing Mios over and over again. Everytime I saw that error on the app I got mad and made sure it was installed. Same thing with the Cios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.