OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, a little back story. Went to visit my old room-mate and they surprised me with my old wii that they had been saving in their closet for me for years. I took it home and disassembled it to give it a much needed cleaning.

I fired it up and the thing had never been touched. All my homebrew app channels and forwarders were there but nothing would launch. I discovered that the SD adaptor for the micro SD was shot and swapped it out with another. All my forwarders then worked.

Now mind you, I haven't touched this thing in like a decade so I dont remember much about how all these apps work. But I do recall that having the homebrew dol files in the apps folder on the SD should allow them to show up in the homebrew launcher. But whenever I run it I have a blank screen with nothing but bubbles.

However, using the USB loader gx homebrew menu works. The apps all show up there, except that when I launch an app, it errors out saying it doesn't have ios58 access. I assume this is because I'm trying to launch from USB loader because the actual homebrew launcher channel says its running on ios58.

Is there something I'm missing?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey guys, a little back story. Went to visit my old room-mate and they surprised me with my old wii that they had been saving in their closet for me for years. I took it home and disassembled it to give it a much needed cleaning.

I fired it up and the thing had never been touched. All my homebrew app channels and forwarders were there but nothing would launch. I discovered that the SD adaptor for the micro SD was shot and swapped it out with another. All my forwarders then worked.

Now mind you, I haven't touched this thing in like a decade so I dont remember much about how all these apps work. But I do recall that having the homebrew dol files in the apps folder on the SD should allow them to show up in the homebrew launcher. But whenever I run it I have a blank screen with nothing but bubbles.

However, using the USB loader gx homebrew menu works. The apps all show up there, except that when I launch an app, it errors out saying it doesn't have ios58 access. I assume this is because I'm trying to launch from USB loader because the actual homebrew launcher channel says its running on ios58.

Is there something I'm missing?
@WeedZ

1. First, make sure your SD is formatted to FAT32
2. Maybe you need to update your Homebrew Channel?
3. I think you should update your Wii hacks. ModMii (made by @XFlak) is the best way to go with that (https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...ii-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126)
4. Please post a sysCheck so maybe someone i know can help you with that ;) https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Reactions: jeannotte

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@WeedZ

1. First, make sure your SD is formatted to FAT32
2. Maybe you need to update your Homebrew Channel?
3. I think you should update your Wii hacks. ModMii (made by @XFlak) is the best way to go with that (https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-wa...ii-for-windows-official-support-thread.207126)
4. Please post a sysCheck so maybe someone i know can help you with that ;) https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/
I actually figured it out, it was trying to read usb. Can I use modmii to update if it was initially modded with letter bomb?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes, modmii can be used on any Wii. U can rehack it using its main wizard as if the wii is a virgin and it will overwrite any old mods.

Or you can use modmii's syscheck updater to incrementally update just what is outdated. To do this, drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Reactions: jeannotte and WeedZ

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, modmii can be used on any Wii. U can rehack it using its main wizard as if the wii is a virgin and it will overwrite any old mods.

Or you can use modmii's syscheck updater to incrementally update just what is outdated. To do this, drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do

Edit:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/
Awesome. I'll try it after work. I've never seen your tool before but im excited to check it out.

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Awesome. I'll try it after work. I've never seen your tool before but im excited to check it out.
I recommend classic, if using the skin use default sd and usb directories, or any location that isn't the root directory of a drive. Known bug, already fixed but haven't pushed an update for it yet

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I recommend classic, if using the skin use default sd and usb directories, or any location that isn't the root directory of a drive. Known bug, already fixed but haven't pushed an update for it yet
right on

btw
"If you cant follow those instructions, then you have no business modding anything" thats great lol

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1