Hacking I can only get one game to work.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I softmodded my wii last night. I am using WiiGator3 and starfall. The only game I was able to burn and play was Call of duty : World at War. No issues loading that at all. Every other game I've tried says Loading... then appears to say Error: DVD Not Present or something, the words are writing on top of each other so its hard to read it. No more than 5 minutes ago I burned Need For Speed Undercover. And this occurred as well. I've burned at 2.4, 4 and 10 to no avail. I'm going though disc after disc here. How am I supposed to diagnose this or is there a simple answer here.

Thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Check 2 things:
- you really need the rev 7 cIOS, if you are not sure which one you have, it's the wrong one
- only use DVD+Rs when you know what bitsetting is and you know why i write this

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I loaded the wads I found for NFS Undercover. I started to then install cIOS Rev 7. And even though it says successful, right above it I see ERROR! (ret = -1)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you know that there are DVD's that only support writting speed of 16X - 12X - 8X I was testing that with nero and my Sony DVD accucore only supports that, maybe you need to burn at 16X, IF the cIOS is not the problem...!!!
smile.gif

IF ANY ISNTALATION GIVES ANY ERROR THEN IT IS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you are at 3.2 or lower:
Delete IOS249 with AnyTitleDeleter and install WiiGator's cIOS36 rev7 (the Gamma cIOS)

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am at 3.2U

I deleted IOS249 and tried again. No change. I am using WiiGators cIOS Rev 7.

I noticed now I have a Backup Launder GAMMA channel. Where as before I had only a WiiGator 3 Backup launcher. What is the difference?

I went ahead and tried it even though rev 7 gave that ret -1 error. And when I try to launch the game I get DVD Read Error 349.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When and where did I install the wrong one!

I was just making a comment that the gamma channel appeared out of no where and I was curious as to why the change from wiigator 3 to gamma 3 was all.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jynx said:
When and where did I install the wrong one!

I was just making a comment that the gamma channel appeared out of no where and I was curious as to why the change from wiigator 3 to gamma 3 was all.

I knew that some people messing around with channels don't know what they are doing, but you...

If WiiGator's cIOS installer from here:
http://gbatemp.net/?act=module&module=...member=WiiGator
doesn't work while you don't have any IOS249 on your Wii, you aren't at 3.2.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used any title delete and removed 249. I then used the provided link and installed cIOS Rev 7. Wii Gator v3 doesn't load the game. And WiiGator v3 Gamma gives Disk Read Error 349. So am I all good now with the exception of what might be a media issue?

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
When it went to gamma there was a new cios upgrade for the newer loader... which also needed some network files or the ones originally included in the gamma release zip DJTaz has in his signature that would be copied and loaded from the sdcard. . And the new channel is the Gamma Loader which you probaby have injected to a .wad file which is AKA a Wii channel... anyways so you need...

1. cIOS rev7 (there is a .wad of this as well, PM me)
2. gamma loader in .wad or .dol form (get the .dol folder for Gamma Loader as well)

You will need to load Wad Manager 1.3 in the Homebrew Channel after you copy the 2 wads into the /wad folder on your sd card.

Hope this gives you a better understanding... I would give you the wad but I never know anymore what's legal and not legal to post about GBAtemp.net

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I need any of that anymore. When I installed the cISO_Installer package it appears to have loaded everything. I now have the Gamma channel and it says once started, "Backup Launder 0.3 gammer, IOS 249".

So I would assume all that is now taken care of. However now I have DVD Read Error 349.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I take that back. The Call Of Duty World At War CD I have loads great on Backup Channel v3 but it WILL NOT launch on Gamma... Does that make any sense?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jynx said:
Well I take that back. The Call Of Duty World At War CD I have loads great on Backup Channel v3 but it WILL NOT launch on Gamma... Does that make any sense?

Yes if you have IOS247 and IOS249 now.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I need to only be using one? So if I delete IOS247 then Call of Duty will work on Gamma where as currently it only works on v3.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So why do you lie? You didn't use WiiGator's cIOS rev7 installer after deleting IOS249.

Seriously, you should only use applications from the HBC until you know 10% of the stuff you are doing. And if anybody tells you, get xy at z, get xy at z and not a from your b.zip.

Jynx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't lie! At least not intentionally. I'm doing everything I've been told to do. I did use WiiGators cISO rev7. I don't know if IOS247 is on there or not. That was your "suggestion" as to why the game would work on backup launcher v3 but not Gamma.

Posts merged

I just went into AnyTitle Delete and IOS247 is NOT on there. Only IOS249 is. So with that said, why will that one game work on Backup Launcher v3 but not on Gamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol