I can no longer inject a payload to my unpatched Switch.

Skyetendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be able to inject payloads to my Switch entirely fine, but now, when I enter RCM, TegraRCMGui no longer detects it, so I can't inject payloads. I know for a fact that the Switch is in RCM because it doesn't turn on unless I hold down the power button for a bit, and then press it again. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, tested it on 2 computers and a laptop, and tried 5 different cables, yet nothing seems to work. Is there any way to fix this? If so, how would I go about doing it?

SaipanDamashii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following cuz same, ish. My TegraRcmGUI detects my RCM Switch but when I. Lick on Inject Payload it just freezes up. Hope someone has an answer for us. 🙏🏽

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few seconds is not long enough to power cycle your Switch. You need to hold the power button for at least twenty full seconds. That usually does the trick for me.

Alpifer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I used to be able to inject payloads to my Switch entirely fine, but now, when I enter RCM, TegraRCMGui no longer detects it, so I can't inject payloads. I know for a fact that the Switch is in RCM because it doesn't turn on unless I hold down the power button for a bit, and then press it again. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, tested it on 2 computers and a laptop, and tried 5 different cables, yet nothing seems to work. Is there any way to fix this? If so, how would I go about doing it?
Have you solve it? Im currently having the same problem and im stuck...

Alpifer

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Check your cable. Make sure it isn't just for charging. It must be a cable which can send data. Your usb port could be broken. Driver incompatibility and so on. There is a lot which can cause issues.
In my case, even a RCMloader isn't working, the cable can send data 100%. I've read that it could be the usb port, so i will try playing with the conection and if this doesn't work maybe replacing the Type-C conector. Thank you!

xxjuanandresxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hey, I tried to inject a payload with 5 different cables that support file transfer, then I tried using Rekado and TegraRCM and nothing happens.

I made sure to have an unpatched switch, I don't know that to do. TegraRCM freezes on injecting any payload, even the ones that does not require an sd.

The switch is on AutoRCM mode and I was able to inject payloads until my dad updated the firmware on the normal original boot (OFW through Hekate), not the CFW.

Skyetendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention that I was finally able to get mine working by using a portable payload injector. Seems that the USB-C port on my Switch is just damaged.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I tried to inject a payload with 5 different cables that support file transfer, then I tried using Rekado and TegraRCM and nothing happens.

I made sure to have an unpatched switch, I don't know that to do. TegraRCM freezes on injecting any payload, even the ones that does not require an sd.

The switch is on AutoRCM mode and I was able to inject payloads until my dad updated the firmware on the normal original boot (OFW through Hekate), not the CFW.
You should ask for help in the Noobs thread, to increase your visibility. Updating the firmware has no effect on the capacity to inject a payload. From my experience, a failed attempt to inject a payload results in RCM being unresponsive to receive another payload. So, what I recommend is to fully turn off your console (hold POWER button for a full 20 seconds to force it to shut down completely). Then release POWER button and tap it again to re-enter RCM (as you're using autoRCM). Then try again to inject your payload using your usual method.

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sounds like your USB port is bad. Check D+/- on connect if you have a tester.
Good day mate. May i ask how exactly do you do this? I have type c test board with 13 test point. I plugged it on switch and test it with analog multimeter but no contact.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good day mate. May i ask how exactly do you do this? I have type c test board with 13 test point. I plugged it on switch and test it with analog multimeter but no contact.
Either your USB-C port is dirty or damage. To make testing the port much easier, I prefer using a simple USB-C breakout board with through-hole points. Otherwise, teardown the console and check to see if the pins might've come loose.

Deadkid21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Either your USB-C port is dirty or damage. To make testing the port much easier, I prefer using a simple USB-C breakout board with through-hole points. Otherwise, teardown the console and check to see if the pins might've come loose.
This is how i test the usb-c port. Each pins on the red box has contact with each holes on the yellow box but not shorted with the others, so i assume theres no problem with the usb c port, or i am missing something? By the way, my unpatched wont boot to hekate, the rcm loader won't push the payload. Tried using usb c cables with tegra, change cables but tegrarcmgui cant detect my switch. I have the driver installed, No luck.

Attachments

• IMG_20240207_155012.jpg
    IMG_20240207_155012.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how i test the usb-c port. Each pins on the red box has contact with each holes on the yellow box but not shorted with the others, so i assume theres no problem with the usb c port, or i am missing something? By the way, my unpatched wont boot to hekate, the rcm loader won't push the payload. Tried using usb c cables with tegra, change cables but tegrarcmgui cant detect my switch
@jkyoho Do you know which chip controls the data from usb? Thanks for helping. @Deadkid21 Wait for his response, he is very wise. But it sounds like that chip is bad. He prob won't respond tonight but will later I'm sure. Good luck!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I forgot to mention that I was finally able to get mine working by using a portable payload injector. Seems that the USB-C port on my Switch is just damaged.
Sounds more likely the cable is the issue.
This is how i test the usb-c port. Each pins on the red box has contact with each holes on the yellow box but not shorted with the others, so i assume theres no problem with the usb c port, or i am missing something? By the way, my unpatched wont boot to hekate, the rcm loader won't push the payload. Tried using usb c cables with tegra, change cables but tegrarcmgui cant detect my switch. I have the driver installed, No luck.
Only half the pins are accessible, the other half are hidden underneath the port, but half the pins should be enough for USB 2.0 data. It's unlikely the soldering would have issues, typically the pins inside the port are bent or the port is simply dirty, you can check with a flashlight.
When you plug something in try to plug it in both ways, in case pins on one side are damaged, since most of the pins are mirrored on both sides.
Try multiple cables, if you have a cable you know works with data (check with your smartphone) try with that, since many cables are charging only, and cables tend to get worn out, that is the most likely culprit.

Reactions: BigOnYa

xxjuanandresxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Thank you for your time. Well I turned off the console completely by pressing the power button 20-30 seconds, then I tried connecting the cable and wait to the console to turn on (AutoRCM will turn the console on on that mode), then I tried to turn it on before connecting the cable, anyways the TegraRCM freezes on trying to inject, also Rekado does nothing, and I supposed that it was something with the battery but I charged the console all night with RCM mode desactivated (By connecting the charger, then press the power button for 30 seconds to disable RCM mode) And nothing happens neither.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
check diode reading at test pad 2&3 first, normally should have about 0.6XX~0.7XX mV.
if test pad 2 or 3 has ground or very low diode reading, remove the esd filter in yellow box and test again.
If no reading at all(OL), check on the red arrow from top of the choke filter

Attachments

• 1707319540687.png
    1707319540687.png
    720.6 KB · Views: 10

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what the handshake looked like on my Switch to my PC with the cable I always use

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207_161409_FNIRSI.png
    Screenshot_20240207_161409_FNIRSI.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...