Hacking I bricked my wii with cIOS v1.2...

Bob124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i bricked my wii using custom IOS v 1.2.

I have a 4.2U version but wanted downgrade to 3.2U (i wanted to have a fully working wad manager), everyting was fine, a successful installation message but after i reboot, i got a beautiful full black screen, nothing more (I said to myself "well.. it's not usual").
glare.gif

I tryed to access the system menu when holding the reset button but i got nothing, without sd card and cd.. i can power on my wii using the controller but after it's disconnect, i have only one blue flash when i boot, i don't have a NAND backup too.

And now i don't know what to do.. any suggestion ?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have bootmii@boot2? ...if so, load you bootmii files onto you SD and get to HBC to reload IOS70/SM4.2

what version of boot2 do you have?

if you had boot2v4, you cannot downgrade to

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boot2 has nothing to do with the system menu, any wii can be downgraded to any system menu 1.0-4.3+. However, some newer wiis crash when loading ios30-v1040. This crash is what has caused this brick, not boot2. Anyone who wishes to downgrade their wii should install ios60-v6174 into the system menu ios slot of the desired system menu, this provided support for system menu 1.0-4.3+ for all wiis regardless of boot2 version or hardware at this time.

Also, people should use up dated information and applications and not use methods that are over a year old, then you won't end up bricking your wii. There is good reason these guides are updated on a regular basis, to ensure compatibility. What was true last year is not true today.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob124 said:
I think i bricked my wii using custom IOS v 1.2.

I have a 4.2U version but wanted downgrade to 3.2U (i wanted to have a fully working wad manager), everyting was fine, a successful installation message but after i reboot, i got a beautiful full black screen, nothing more (I said to myself "well.. it's not usual").
glare.gif

I tryed to access the system menu when holding the reset button but i got nothing, without sd card and cd.. i can power on my wii using the controller but after it's disconnect, i have only one blue flash when i boot, i don't have a NAND backup too.

And now i don't know what to do.. any suggestion ?

Wiis shipped with System Menu 4.0 or up can't be downgraded to 3.x or less or they'll brick.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So...basically, you used an outdated program (I assume you're refering to custom IOS downloader...which was a program from 2 years ago) to do something that is ill-advised to say the least (3.2 offers NOTHING over 4.2...wad manager works fine on all firmwares), skipped over all safety nets (bootmii, priiloader) or updated guides (hint: they're stickied on top of this forum section) and now you want us to help you out of your mess?

Sorry about the loss of your wii, but your action wasn't smart by any standard.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wever said:
and now you want us to help you out of your mess?

Maybe a little bit nicer would be better... I mean, if you don't want to help then don't post..

Anyway, get it to nintendo
wink.gif
. If you are lucky they won't charge you and send you a fixed one back
smile.gif

Just tell them that your wii was frozen during the update.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bob124 said:
Hmm.. ok, so i'm screwed..

Using Savemii will do nothing?

No since savemii only works with a working system menu but you don't have that, send it to nintendo, thats your only choice :S

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BobTheJoeBob said:
Bob124 said:
Well, then i'll call nintendo
hate2.gif

Thank you for all your quick responses !
wink.gif
I wouldn't do that if I were you......

Its better to try than to leave it bricked.

Anyway, its your wii so you decide what to do @thread starter.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well.. Theres a small chance that they are going to check your wii....

In most cases (like mine) they will just check whats wrong with it (in your case black screen), they will just send you a new wii and you can enjoy playing your games
smile.gif

If you are unlucky, they will not fix it until you pay money (thats probably more expensive than a new one)

Or, you leave it and place it on a bookshelf.

Bob124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, i have just another question, at last, if i take a modchip like the "Wiikey Fusion Modchip", in the description that say "Direct Boot of Wii original, import, and backup games", does it will work to play my games? i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...