Hacking Question I bought Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (the official cartridge). And I'm wondering about burnt fuses.

ItsDan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everybody,

I'm sorry of this question has been asked before. I tried to search but I couldn't find it.

So my current situation is:
- Firmware 5.1
- Have a full NAND backup
- Bought Let's Go Eevee
- Need to update to play it
- Don't want to burn fuses

My initial idea is to use ChoiDujourNX to prevent my fuses being burnt when updating my console. Now, if I successfully do this, I'll be booting into Atmosphere all the time. The question is: can I play the official cartridge of Pokemon Let's Go Eevee there (and online) without being banned? Since it's an official cartridge, shouldn't I be good to go?

Thanks for the help!

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you boot into atmosphere you will get banned if you go online.
if you boot into hekate and from there you just boot OFW the chances may decrease, but you'll never be 100% safe.
The golden rule is that if you mod, you get banned. You may, you may not, but usually yes.
Why you care about fuses? They only prevent you from downgrading, if you dont plan to, you can burn them without problems

ItsDan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you boot into atmosphere you will get banned if you go online.
if you boot into hekate and from there you just boot OFW the chances may decrease, but you'll never be 100% safe.
The golden rule is that if you mod, you get banned. You may, you may not, but usually yes.
Why you care about fuses? They only prevent you from downgrading, if you dont plan to, you can burn them without problems

Damn that's too bad. I care because there might be some super ridiculous awesome development on 5.1 and then when I update I won't be able to go back to it :/

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Damn that's too bad. I care because there might be some super ridiculous awesome development on 5.1 and then when I update I won't be able to go back to it :/

As far as i know, you can still go back, as the fuse check gets bypassed by Hekate. You will be forced to boot via it, but you will still be able to run 5.1 with 6.1 fuses.
Im not sure about this, but if it works in a way, why shouldnt it in the other.

You can update, play the game online, and when you're sick of it just downgrade to 5.1 CFW and never go online again.

ItsDan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as i know, you can still go back, as the fuse check gets bypassed by Hekate. You will be forced to boot via it, but you will still be able to run 5.1 with 6.1 fuses.
Im not sure about this, but if it works in a way, why shouldnt it in the other.

You can update, play the game online, and when you're sick of it just downgrade to 5.1 CFW and never go online again.

Well if that's the case then it shouldn't really matter that much. I just read that if you downgrade with your fuses burnt your switch is basically dead. I guess that's just jibberish... The most important thing for me is being able to boot into 5.1 just in case Emunand wouldn't work on for example 6.0. I'd smack myself in the head for it..

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well if that's the case then it shouldn't really matter that much. I just read that if you downgrade with your fuses burnt your switch is basically dead. I guess that's just jibberish... The most important thing for me is being able to boot into 5.1 just in case Emunand wouldn't work on for example 6.0. I'd smack myself in the head for it..

Again, im not sure, but the switch should die on downgrade only if booting normally, hekate should take care of fuse check bypass and you should be fine.
Am i right @Draxzelex (sorry for nagging)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, im not sure, but the switch should die on downgrade only if booting normally, hekate should take care of fuse check bypass and you should be fine.
Am i right @Draxzelex (sorry for nagging)
Hekate can bypass the fuse check but it doesn't bypass the sleep mode fuse check so if you put your console to sleep when its fuse count is higher than the firmware, it won't wake up.

ItsDan_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hekate can bypass the fuse check but it doesn't bypass the sleep mode fuse check so if you put your console to sleep when its fuse count is higher than the firmware, it won't wake up.
So at that point you basically have a dead Switch right? It'll be useless.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at that point you basically have a dead Switch right? It'll be useless.
You can just choose not to downgrade. Firmware is irrelevant since we have a hardware exploit that cannot be patched via firmware updates. You just won't be able to make use of any future exploits that are released for lower firmwares.

ElPres

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got Let’s Go Pikachu and have never been online with the Switch and I’m pretty sure it updated to 5.1 off the cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy