Can I update fw via my Switch if I dont care about fuses?

mahfeels

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Or is there more to it? Without going into details, I am prone to making really stupid mistakes and would rather not potentially brick my Switch by going from 14x to 15x the conventional route people go that does not burn fuses. So can I just update my atmosphere files and sigpatches, and update my fw thru options on my Switch itself and be ok? From what I have seen, 15.0.1 is the current fw so I would think I am ok, so please let me know if this method will work. Much appreciated!

mahfeels

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can always preserve the fuses if you want, as long you have NAND backup, you can always fix it.
Thank you, I fully get that, I just dont understand the repercussions of doing what I am proposing. If I boot up my Switch, tell it to update, turn it off, use tegra to boot back into atmosphere....will I be good? From what I understand burning fuses only can potentially screw you if you want to downgrade at some point, am I wrong?

I dont ever see myself doing that. So can I do what I just said and be good? Thanks again!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, I fully get that, I just dont understand the repercussions of doing what I am proposing. If I boot up my Switch, tell it to update, turn it off, use tegra to boot back into atmosphere....will I be good? From what I understand burning fuses only can potentially screw you if you want to downgrade at some point, am I wrong?

I dont ever see myself doing that. So can I do what I just said and be good? Thanks again!

You shouldn't update via Nintendo server that why you should do it via daybreak. It depends on if you have any low firmware and low fuse count, you can always be on high firmware and low fuse count if you don't it correctly, for example firmware 15.01. and fuse count for firmware 3.0.0 and NAND backup of firmware 3.0.0, if the condition match you can always go back to the lower firmware. Having a NAND backup is mandatory for if anything happen, it is for disaster recovery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_