Hacking I been away for a while, so what is new with the gateway and n3ds xl and a bunch fo stuff i never ?

Xellos2099

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been away for a while, so what is new with gateway and the n3ds xl? The last thing i remember was getting to the point that I do not need to use oot to boot into gateway emunand, installed the msnt downgrade and stuff. I read a lot of stuff about cfw today, does that mean there is no longer a point of use the gateway card? I also read that you can run GBA game as cia now, is it true?

I was reading that gateway on n3ds is on 3.4 and o3ds is on 3.4.1. and on the official gateway there is is only 3.4.1 for download, does that work for n3ds xl too? Finally another question. I currently have a o3ds xl at 4.2 as well, I kept it as a backup in case the n3ds xl failed. If I install what you call it cfw, can I just run backup on it without needing to use gateway?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
1) What's new with Gateway? Absolutely nothing. They didn't add support for BrowserHax (yet?) so you still need CN / OOT to run it on N3DS.
2) Afaik, there is no point on using Gateway instead of a CFW, besides .3ds support, which means less stuff to install / uninstall, and so more noob friendly. But besides that, I really don't see any advantages Gateway have and RXTools / Cakes / ReiNAND don't.
3) I don't know about that. iirc you can install Virtual Console titles and DSiware with CFW and not with Gateway, but I'm really not sure. The answer is probably somewhere in here though.
4) Yes, the 3.4.1 (and I'm pretty sure any future GW firmware update will) works on N3DS.
5) Yes, if you install a CFW you don't need any flashcard of any sort, only your SD card. I recommend a 16GB or more though, because if you have the basic 2/4GB you won't be able to install more than ~6 games.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.