Hardware I appear to have completely fucked over my WiiKey.

Stu L Tissimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm on an NTSC-U with firmware 3.0 or 3.1 running. I used a padded GCOS disc with WiiKey Config 1.3 on it that I downloaded from WiiNewz to enable region free mode, rebooted, and it now can't read anything.

What I've tried:
-GCOS with WiiKey COnfig 1.3
-Smash Bros (J)
-Backup of NMH (U)
-Real NMH (U)
-Real Wii Sports (U)
-WiiKey 1.9g config disk

Now is it true that I had to stick in my 1.9g disc when using the1.3 config or something?

Also, will the recovery disk help me? I'm trying to find it but I can't D:

Stu L Tissimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to be specific, I get the "Unable to read the disc. Please check wii manual blah blah blah" screen on the Disc Channel.

EDIT: &$#*&ing ^#(%! I tried both the recovery disk as I downloaded it and the PadOut'd version and neither worked. God damn. Any ideas? At this point should I just go and order a new WiiKey? Alternatively, are WiiKeys reprogrammable?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
And to be specific, I get the "Unable to read the disc. Please check wii manual blah blah blah" screen on the Disc Channel.

EDIT: &$#*&ing ^#(%! I tried both the recovery disk as I downloaded it and the PadOut'd version and neither worked. God damn. Any ideas? At this point should I just go and order a new WiiKey? Alternatively, are WiiKeys reprogrammable?
Check your connections... Sounds very strange.
Becurse mine does work nicely.
Open it up!

Stu L Tissimus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 99% positive it's not, ahem, connected to my connections. I've been using my WiiKey without fault for about 6 months now, and this only started happening after I reconfigured my WiiKey. I mean, this morning I was playing NMH fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: super basic, but the minigames were well designed