I appear to have completely fucked over my WiiKey.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Stu L Tissimus, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Stu L Tissimus
    OP

Stu L Tissimus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2007
    United States
    Okay, I'm on an NTSC-U with firmware 3.0 or 3.1 running. I used a padded GCOS disc with WiiKey Config 1.3 on it that I downloaded from WiiNewz to enable region free mode, rebooted, and it now can't read anything.

What I've tried:
    -GCOS with WiiKey COnfig 1.3
    -Smash Bros (J)
    -Backup of NMH (U)
    -Real NMH (U)
    -Real Wii Sports (U)
    -WiiKey 1.9g config disk

Now is it true that I had to stick in my 1.9g disc when using the1.3 config or something?

Also, will the recovery disk help me? I'm trying to find it but I can't D:

2. Stu L Tissimus
    OP

Stu L Tissimus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2007
    United States
    And to be specific, I get the "Unable to read the disc. Please check wii manual blah blah blah" screen on the Disc Channel.

EDIT: &$#*&ing ^#(%! I tried both the recovery disk as I downloaded it and the PadOut'd version and neither worked. God damn. Any ideas? At this point should I just go and order a new WiiKey? Alternatively, are WiiKeys reprogrammable?

3. superrob

superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Apr 4, 2007
    GBATemp factory.
    Check your connections... Sounds very strange.
    Becurse mine does work nicely.
    Open it up!

4. Stu L Tissimus
    OP

Stu L Tissimus Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2007
    United States
    I'm 99% positive it's not, ahem, connected to my connections. I've been using my WiiKey without fault for about 6 months now, and this only started happening after I reconfigured my WiiKey. I mean, this morning I was playing NMH fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice