I am hiring for a fan game project in the gbatemp community.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm certainly not going to help then. I'm not helping you with something you're entering into the bounty for free.

The game and the bounty are separate, the game will be announced for the bounty. but other than that, the game is its own separate thing and it won't be finished this year.. I am not sure we are even talking about the same thing. I thought that the gbatemp 2017 bounty is basically a hackathon.

like what do you mean entering into the bounty for free? do you want me to charge money for the fan game, or do you guys mean something else by bounty. like explain to me your definition.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The game and the bounty are separate, the game will be announced for the bounty. but other than that, the game is its own separate thing and it won't be finished this year.. I am not sure we are even talking about the same thing. I thought that the gbatemp 2017 bounty is basically a hackathon.

like what do you mean entering into the bounty for free? do you want me to charge money for the fan game, or do you guys mean something else by bounty. like explain to me your definition.
but if you want to get paid, then I am sorry. this is a volunteering project. the only thing I can offer is once you work on your game. you can open a patreon account and ask for donations if you need them. But I am not going to do that for myself until I am guaranteed that people like the game.

Last edited by kingtut,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

but if you want to get paid, then I am sorry. this is a volunteering project. the only thing I can offer is once you work on your game. you can open a patreon account and ask for donations if you need them. But I am not going to do that for myself until I am guaranteed that people like the game.
What we are saying that it sounds like you plan to enter the bounty using the work we have done and if we win you get the rewards to keep despite artists and programers doing a lot of work

Reactions: Deleted User

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we are saying that it sounds like you plan to enter the bounty using the work we have done and if we win you get the rewards to keep despite artists and programers doing a lot of work
no, the bounty will only include my work (basically a tech demo of what I have). Once you guys work on whatever you decide, you will be credited with the full game (not the tech demo which will be submitted for the bounty entry). and since the deadline is this weekend. Expect the tech demo announcement tomorrow. The game on the other hand will use this tech demo along with your work and the game currently doesn't have release date.

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the fan game I was talking about here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announc...-new-sonic-fan-game-demo.482381/#post-7543435

I have unity and coding experience but it's hard for me to be interested if I don't even know if it's the type of game I'd be interested in playing.
here is the game: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announc...-new-sonic-fan-game-demo.482381/#post-7543435

I may be able to help with the art, but it depends on the style.
Here is the game: https://gbatemp.net/threads/announc...-new-sonic-fan-game-demo.482381/#post-7543435

It would be akin to sonic mania (hd sega genesis) with parallax backgrounds (I already have the code for it, I just need assets of foreground, middle, and backgrounds)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, the bounty will only include my work (basically a tech demo of what I have). Once you guys work on whatever you decide, you will be credited with the full game (not the tech demo which will be submitted for the bounty entry). and since the deadline is this weekend. Expect the tech demo announcement tomorrow. The game on the other hand will use this tech demo along with your work and the game currently doesn't have release date.
The bounty deadline is the 30th of September, not the 30th of August. There's another month.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bounty deadline is the 30th of September, not the 30th of August. There's another month.
*Facepalm*

Thank you so much for letting me know. but anyway I wanted to announce it since Artists wanted to see this game before they work on it

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
*Facepalm*

Thank you so much for letting me know. but anyway I wanted to announce it since Artists wanted to see this game before they work on it
No worries friendo. I would heavily recommend working on it solo for that month though, just to avoid further conflict or dispute. Make it clear to the people you're going to work with that you'll start work with them once you're happy with your submission. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of stuff like this, but hey, if you can make it work, all the better for you.

Best of luck.

Reactions: kingtut

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries friendo. I would heavily recommend working on it solo for that month though, just to avoid further conflict or dispute. Make it clear to the people you're going to work with that you'll start work with them once you're happy with your submission. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of stuff like this, but hey, if you can make it work, all the better for you.

Best of luck.

Thank you for your kind wishes. I will keep the demo there. but if I add more in this month I will update demo. if I find an artist or dev who would work on this within this month, I will submit another bounty with his/her name in the credits. otherwise, If they join after the bounty competition is over, I will add their name for the full game instead. I hope that clarifies it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43