I accidentely installed a game from the AtmoXL installer to my internal storage, but stopped it. Do I have to restore a backup?

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it says in the title. I installed Captain Toad Treasure Tracker to my internal storage by accident, but the installer crashed. Is the game's "tried to download" files on my sysnand now so that I have to restore a backup?

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you install anything on sysnand its dirty, but if you don’t open it and delete it quickey you should be fine

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install anything on sysnand its dirty, but if you don’t open it and delete it quickey you should be fine
I was on the emunand when installing it to the internal storage. There are also no files in the normal Nintendo/Contents/placehld or new ones in /registered. The game didn't even install properly as the installer crashed

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, the files are in the emuMMC\SD00\Nintendo\Contents\placehld. But that shouldn't be a problem since that's the emuMMC, right?

JaiJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
However, the files are in the emuMMC\SD00\Nintendo\Contents\placehld. But that shouldn't be a problem since that's the emuMMC, right?
You're fine. You can't access your sysnand from the emunand, the internal memory while in the emunand is part of your emunand. It's actually the 29GB partition on your SD card you created in hekate when you chose 29 (full) to partition the card and create your emunand.
Compromising your sysnand by installing games is only possible if you got CFW on your sysnand.

Just install DBI from github and clear orphaned files with it, it should delete all old leftovers from failed installations

Last edited by JaiJey,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was on the emunand when installing it to the internal storage. There are also no files in the normal Nintendo/Contents/placehld or new ones in /registered. The game didn't even install properly as the installer crashed
Hi, if you are on EmuNAND all is fine.

when you are on EmuNAND you DON'T HAVE ACCESS to your SysNAND, on EmuNAND you have internal storage (emuMMC) and external (SD)

so while you are on emuNAND (emuMMC) if you install on emuMMC you are installing on the files (SD:/emuMMC/SD00/eMMC) or the hidden partition. and if you install on the SD you install on the SD:/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo folder

When you are on your sysNAND (sysMMC) you internal is the MMC chip and External is the SD:/Nintendo folder.

on emuNAND (emuMMC) you can install "safe" using internal and external storages, both are emulated.

AltoMalto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies! Not banned or anything, so all safe, as you said. Thanks for responding and have a great day!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER