Hyperkin Retron 5 Announced, Plays Cartridges of Nine Systems.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the NGP is a really cool handheld... but some people found the clicking noises annoying. The Neo Geo AES arcade stick and the Neo Geo CD controller does the same. Here, take a look... they made the Neo Geo X, both handheld and arcade stick, with microswitches too

you say I'm a liar? I say you're deaf

I'm not bothered by the clicking noises, I am a normal sane person though who isn't annoyed by such tiny things and I would call you a liar because you claimed:

because playing a NES game with a thumbstick is just retarded

And have ACTUALLY used one of these pads.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Usually repro hardware (NES on a chip, MD/Genesis on a chip, blah blah) has compatibility issues with some of the games, with some not running at all.

In this case it looks like it doesn't even use "on a chip" things, but just plain' old emulation. I mean, it's just a huge-ass RetroDe with a miniPC and it even lacks the usual charm of compatible pirate systems (example).

Actually, I'm sure it's ARM based, it has a custom version of Android on it and it runs Android emus.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly? I like the idea of this. I can retire my old clone NES/SNES combo, I don't have a Genesis or Game Boy of any sort anymore, and I can't hook any of my clone consoles to my smaller PS 3D display as it only supports component or better.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not bothered by the clicking noises, I am a normal sane person though who isn't annoyed by such tiny things and I would call you a liar because you claimed:

And have ACTUALLY used one of these pads.
yes... I played the Neo Geo AES and also I have a custom made arcade stick with microswitches
and yes... playing NES with a thumbstick is retarded

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I play all my snes, genesis etc games using the gamecube controllers analog just fine and it's a godsend with games like landstalker
You do realize that an emulator does not behave the same way as the authentic hardware right? mod a gamecube controller so it works on a snes and then I'll agree with you. until then I'll stick to the fact that analog control does not equal digital inputs.

however if this retron 5 is not a soc then of course an anolog nub could indeed be used.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL My Jailbroken PS3 plays all these.. an OUYA would play all these for cheaper... a freaking Wii Emulates all these...

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could be an interesting investment. My Sega Genesis isn't playing my games anymore, though it could be the cartridges.
isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip should fix that or one of those eraser pens on the contacts. also tooth pic the genesis cartridge slot to see if anything got in there. I think that was the reason pier solar broke on me or it was just defective...

to talk of the genesis part of the retron though I'd say it's a fine clone that supports s-video natively which is a big boost in video quality. nes side of the thing needs some work but it's the best genesis clone i've seen

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good that they're trying to improve the output audio signal ...would be good if they improved the video too, like, removing lag, option for scan-lines, better picture.. things that a Framemeister and SLG-3000 would do, for example..

That would be a cool retrogame console then..

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty sweet since I have a nice little retro game store around my house that sells game carts pretty cheap. Definitely looking forward to this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-