Hacking HowTo - Convert Brawl saves to another regions

Gordin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to use my PAL save from Brawl in the NTSC version to play Brawl+ but all the posts I've read here said you couldn't do it so I kinda figured it out myself and thought some people might be interested. It works from any region to any region.
So here it a little how-to on how to do it: Blogpost! (If you don't care what I talk about, search for "Prerequisites are:", thats where the how-to starts)

If someone has a JAP-save please try this and post the corresponding numbers (You'll know which numbers I mean when you read it)
thanks ^^

Gordin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well... I would like to try ^^ And I don't see why it wouldn't. The process will be a bit different for every game though.
I downloaded some CoD saves from different regions and they look basically the same so I'm going to say it can be done but it would really help if you or someone elso could make 2 save files from different regions that are as blank as possible (just after creation) so I can compare them better.

Edit: What's also funny: If you extract the files from the data.bin and open that stuff in an hex editor some files say literally at the beginning "do not modify"
biggrin.gif

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done this myself with Endless Ocean 1 and 2. Even easier, just use the proper banner.bin.

Gordin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can do it with most games by just switching the banner. It would work with SSBB too if they weren't checking the checksums and this one region bit ^^

Gordin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK changing the region in CoD:MW is really easy actually. Just extract your save and a save of the region you want to convert to with SaveGame Manager GX, write down the name of the folder that has the region you want to convert to, delete it, rename your save folder to the other region and install it back with SaveGame Manager GX.
Done ^^

Laeryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm posting in this thread, because I need to convert my PAL SSBB save into a NTSC one.
But the link in the first post is dead for me.

Could somebody tell me how to do this, please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.