1. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Iceland
    Just discovering GBA emulation in 2003 I was looking for an outlet to let me know which games are out/coming out and found this little forum with about 9000 members and since then I have settled on a nice corner room in the Hotel.

2. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I joined because I needed to make a decision on which DS flashcard I wanted to buy in replacement to my M3 DS Simply. Since that team died, I was looking for long retention in a firmware. I had to keep up with the news and such. So from a spectator's view, it seemed that the Acekard with AKAIO's support, seemed to be the best choice back then and is still highly ranked now. So after smirking around the forums I found the Acekard section and thought, "I'm going to need this someday" so I created an account and here I am. I read all the guides that were there, read the interesting posts so if I ever ran into a problem I'd know how to fix it. Eventually I found myself helping others instead of asking questions [​IMG]

3. Rhubarb on Fire

Newcomer

United States
    When I was doing research on the 3DS, this site always seemed to pop up. It's up to date on most information and has lots of good opinions, so I hung around for a while. After a couple days I figured, sure, why not make an account? ^^

4. mAlvarado

mAlvarado Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    just to say Thanks for WoodR4 [​IMG] [​IMG]

sometimes when I was searching for homebrew gbatemp was on the first google results, then the url did came to my mind when I needed something related with homebrew or just to see the new nds releases XD

As time passes by, woodR4 appeared and then I joined [​IMG]

BTW: great site to get, game news, translations, or help of anything

5. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Very good question. I can't remember :/ Certainly to have some informations about flashcards and/or Wii softmodding...

6. Logan 5

Logan 5 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used to come here for GBA flash cart info, then I came back when I got a DS, then again when I got a DS lite. I came this time for info on the 3DS, joined to comment on a poll, and stayed pretty much for the world cup thread. This forum is mostly populated by idiots but you can find an exceptionally intelligent informative post here and there. I think i'll stay this time. My favorite forums are the General Off-Topic, Books, Movies, Music, and Television, and Other Consoles and Oldies, although I feel that the latter two are under used.

To clarify I thought it was just great to chat about the world cup with people from other countries, it was a cool experience.

7. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

One day I got pissed of at windows I googled "why is windows so shit" that cheered my up a bit.
    I then googled "alternatives to windows -mac",
    Linux popped up [​IMG]
    However I was a noob with computers at the time so I used x86 emulation.
    I then noticed emulators for game consoles,
    a long time after using game console emulators for old game consoles I never owned,
    I looked up modern game console emulators after a while of that,
    I googled "how to play roms on real hardware",
    flashcards popped up,
    and here I am.

8. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

I remember I searched for a dstt review on YouTube and the guy in the review said he won it from gbatemp and I joined thinking I could win a flashcart

9. rancor01

rancor01 Member
    Newcomer

The DS lite had just come out, and I was itching to get one and a flashcart. Back then, only slot 2 carts were available and I had NO idea how to get them to work, or how to hack my DS lite. I did a search to find which one would suit my needs best and got the supercard lite and the superkey slot 1 passcard (haha! remember those?). I pored over the reviews on this site for HOURS trying to decide which was best. It was really entertaining, so I bookmarked this site and stuck around. Finally registered to participate in the forums just a few months ago though..

10. tshu

tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    I joined for GBA news, and stayed for the laughs. I really miss those old days. [​IMG]

11. Maxi Maxi

Maxi Maxi Member
    Newcomer

It's Dean's fault that I'm here. Damnit, Dean. >_>

12. Syman

Syman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

was looking for a walkthrough on someting or other, found this site, never looked back.

13. shyam513

shyam513 GBAtemp Regular

Friend told me to join - two days later he wasn't a friend anymore. Enough Said. [​IMG]

14. DarkShadow96

DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    I really forgot why and how I joined... I joined back in 06 but was never active until late 09. I think I joined because I was searching for Roms and that time, I was still a noob at things lol.

15. The Pi

The Pi Lurker

09 [​IMG]

16. ProtoKun7

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    It's never enough.

Blog Articles. Gogogo [​IMG]

17. N4RU70 FR34K

N4RU70 FR34K Banned
    Banned

United States
    I joined hear to get a patch for soulsilver and what I realized is that most of the join dates here are all around the realease dates of pokemon games [​IMG]

18. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    long time ago because of cheats i guess....
    but now there isn't anymore reason if i stay here...

19. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    People will miss you!

Hell, when I go away from forums people even miss me.

20. imshortandrad

imshortandrad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I joined pretty recently because of Dangy. :3

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GBAtemp, Joined,