How/Why You Joined GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by .Chris, Feb 10, 2010.

1. .Chris
    OP

.Chris Clueless

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States
    I have a wondering mind. How or Why did you join GBAtemp.net? Did you find it accidentally? Did a friend tell you about this site? I found this site from a couple of searches about NDS homebrew.

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I found GBAtemp by searching for flashcart reviews. I only joined at the time because some of the reviews were only accessible by members.

3. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

Nov 3, 2006
    United States
    Oregon
    Same. Now the sites flooded with newbs and they barely post any proper news anymore. Ah how the times have changed.

4. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    I joined because, like most, looking for flashcart advice. Around that time, a large majority of people, swore by R4. Back then, at least.

If I can recall, in 2007 my friends were talking about how one of them got this new fangled device named a "R4". So, being a confused person at the time, did a google search. Then it eventually led to GBAtemp and the review it had on the R4. Hooray.

From what I've always been told, I narrowly missed the temp breakdown during LoZ:PH. Since I lurked for a while until I registered to ask the question I asked in my first post ever.

5. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I joined GBAtemp so I can pretend to be a girl.

6. .Chris
    OP

.Chris Clueless

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States
    really?

7. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    I used to think that a flashcart simple enough for any idiot to use was a good thing. It never occurred to me at the time that the R4 would force the universe to build a better idiot.

8. Twiffles

Twiffles танковые победы

Sep 6, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Well it comes with the advancements in stuff like that, I suppose. I still don't see why it's "shitty" now. Mine, that I never use now, still plays the games I want. That's good enough for me.

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    I've told my story many times already, but I came here back when Metroid Zero Mission was released, and I was looking for the ROM and I found this site via a search engine. Though GBAtemp didn't have the ROM, I decided to stay because of the community.

10. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    I joined because I felt like it. Maybe I could help some people or do whatever. Never had a problem with my R4 and never had a problem with my M3. If I did have a problem, I'd search for it, but I've done enough research to know what kinds of problems I may run into.

Now as for how I heard about GBATemp, I was a curious boy that always watched my brother browse the web and he was looking for an GBA flashcart over about 4 years ago. Though, I didn't join until like 2 years ago though.

11. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    Joined to learn more about flashcarts. Back then it was slot 2 instead of slot 1 flashcarts. [​IMG]

12. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    Right before the DS lite was launched, I joined to try and find info about stores selling them early. My fist post and topic was about finding some, and being overly excited/weird.

13. [M]artin

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    I joined GBAtemp so I could score with this hot chick named Orc.

14. acesniper

acesniper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    To learn about the Wii softmod method release in September of 09 I mean 08, the month that I joined.

15. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I think I joined for the Pokemon Heart Gold translation...

I know, I'm a noob.

16. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    Joined while researching Acekards and R4s after reading about them on wikipedia. [​IMG]

17. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I joined because it was awesome back then. Now it's just full of spammers [​IMG]

18. spectral

spectral Newbie

I joined when I found the site while researching GBA flashcarts. Back when the Flash2Advance was popular, which is what I ended up with.

19. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    tepples of gbadev.org spoke negatively of it due to it condoning piracy or something, so I headed on over to check it out and made an account same day.

20. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb