ROM Hack Question How to work Layeredfs with Atmosphere

Fredfrog6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and made a randomized patch for pokemon shield, and I put it in both atomsphere/titles and atmosphere/content, but they don't apply when I open up the game. How can I make them work?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How exactly do I do that? I’m kinda new to patching on switch.
I think you are misunderstanding something
I'm talking about this (example):
upload_2020-1-4_19-9-58.png

And how did you paste it without knowing path?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no idea what that is. I just copied the folder named the title id of Pokémon shield with the edited romfs into the content folder in atmosphere.
contents*
write things carefully, because one character can make everything not working
Do you use MacOS or Linux if you don't know what is this?

Fredfrog6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
contents*
write things carefully, because one character can make everything not working
Do you use MacOS or Linux if you don't know what is this?
I’m on windows, so not macOs, I’m not sure what Linux is. So what do I need to do to make the patches function?

Fredfrog6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are also new to PC world if you don't know basic stuff.

This is way you get full path to what you see.

Yeah I’m not very experienced when it comes to most of this stuff. So I just need to create a folder with that name on the root of my sd card and put the patch in it?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I’m not very experienced when it comes to most of this stuff. So I just need to create a folder with that name on the root of my sd card and put the patch in it?
No, he wants you to write out on this forum for everyone to see the folder path that you copied the files to so we can check that you put it in the right folders.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No.
Maybe other way:
is this your path to mod:
sdcard:/atmosphere/contents/01008db008c2c000/romfs/bin/archive/field/resident/data_table.gfpak
and
sdcard:/atmosphere/titles/01008db008c2c000/romfs/bin/archive/field/resident/data_table.gfpak
?

Fredfrog6

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
Maybe other way:
sdcard:/atmosphere/contents/01008db008c2c000/romfs/bin/archive/field/resident/data_table.gfpak
and
sdcard:/atmosphere/titles/01008db008c2c000/romfs/bin/archive/field/resident/data_table.gfpak
?
That's what I have exactly.

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
Maybe other way:
and
?
same here only with the rom hack sacred sword and the trainer edits dont happen

Shadow Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold L for some damn reason while loading the game. If anyone knows why this is necessary now please tell my how to fix it.

playsaves3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to hold L for some damn reason while loading the game. If anyone knows why this is necessary now please tell my how to fix it.
holding l didnt seem to make the trainer edits show still am I supposed to hold before I click the game in the home menu or while its booting up also where did you paste your title id folder?

orangpelupa

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
On atmosphere 10.5 same issue. Used to work fine when layeredfs was in titles folder.

Now I have moved them to contents folder but no layeredfs stuff works.

Cynical_Giant

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am having the same issue with layeredfs in the contents folder @orangpelupa - no mods are loading but the romfs meta file is generated next to romfs. Running EmuMMC but don't see how this could be issue as the contents dir should be shared? I've double checked file structures are all correct - does game update version particularly matter (I wouldn't think so especially if just replacing resource files like music in my case)

Any thoughts appreciated

@Shadow Fyre The holding of L down to trigger layeredfs is configurable in the atmosphere/loader.ini file under default override if you haven't sorted this yet. If you change it to "!L" it will reverse so will default layeredfs and will not run layeredfs when pressing L.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...