Hacking How to use TCP Gecko DotNet On a Mac! (May 17th)

Did this work?

• Bruh.. I seriously need help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay first of all, you reply like fucking sonic. Thank god you exist. So I just type those those numbers into the search thingy of tcpgecko? What would I do then? I suck at this stuff.

No, the modified code would be if you were using JGeckoU
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/page-78
Like the third one down has a screen shot of what you would do with the converted code.

Some explanation on gecko cafe codes:
http://cosmocortney.ddns.net/enzy/cafe_code_types_en.php

The way I think you would accomplish it in gecko dotNet is to do a serial poke with just the classic address and value - which means the app would just keep poking that value into memory. I haven't gotten deep enough into the code handler stuff as I just like tinkering with the values and haven't done anything yet that I wish to be permanent for the game session.

Towards the bottom of the page there is info on serial poking with gecko dotNet- you can search the page (Cmd+f) and type 'serial' and it should be the first result it finds.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/page-17

EDIT: Apologies - it seems that last link I gave you was just an idea for handling serial poking. When I get home tonight I plan on doing some more tinkering - if I find anything of use in this regard I will be sure to hit you up.

EDIT EDIT: To clarify, that code I had posted before was just some random code as an example. I thought maybe you already had the codes and that the "infinite" part wasn't sticking. In order to do infinite kraken:
0002000 xxxxxxxx
yyyyyyyy 00000000

Where xxx is the kraken address and yyy is the desired value to have.

If by chance you meant you do not have these addresses - you can easily find the kraken amount I am sure. The search range is rather small once you know the area any of the main codes are in - so if you have a code for an item and it is as 12C00000 then you should be safe searching between 12000000 - 13000000.
As far as speed hacks those will 99.9% be float values generally between:
0x3f800000 - 0x40200000 (could go lower and could go higher - 0x3f800000 is 1.000000 and 0x40200000 is 2.500000)

Last edited by rbsk,

Nick Ash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the modified code would be if you were using JGeckoU
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/page-78
Like the third one down has a screen shot of what you would do with the converted code.

Some explanation on gecko cafe codes:
http://cosmocortney.ddns.net/enzy/cafe_code_types_en.php

The way I think you would accomplish it in gecko dotNet is to do a serial poke with just the classic address and value - which means the app would just keep poking that value into memory. I haven't gotten deep enough into the code handler stuff as I just like tinkering with the values and haven't done anything yet that I wish to be permanent for the game session.

Towards the bottom of the page there is info on serial poking with gecko dotNet- you can search the page (Cmd+f) and type 'serial' and it should be the first result it finds.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443/page-17

EDIT: Apologies - it seems that last link I gave you was just an idea for handling serial poking. When I get home tonight I plan on doing some more tinkering - if I find anything of use in this regard I will be sure to hit you up.

EDIT EDIT: To clarify, that code I had posted before was just some random code as an example. I thought maybe you already had the codes and that the "infinite" part wasn't sticking. In order to do infinite kraken:
0002000 xxxxxxxx
yyyyyyyy 00000000

Where xxx is the kraken address and yyy is the desired value to have.

If by chance you meant you do not have these addresses - you can easily find the kraken amount I am sure. The search range is rather small once you know the area any of the main codes are in - so if you have a code for an item and it is as 12C00000 then you should be safe searching between 12000000 - 13000000.
As far as speed hacks those will 99.9% be float values generally between:
0x3f800000 - 0x40200000 (could go lower and could go higher - 0x3f800000 is 1.000000 and 0x40200000 is 2.500000)
So basically I just search between those numbers and expect to find what? The value? How do I know which specific thing to add to the code itself? I am so lost, but I pretty much understand everything. I might eve need an EDIT EDIT EDIT: from you haha

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I just search between those numbers and expect to find what? The value? How do I know which specific thing to add to the code itself? I am so lost, but I pretty much understand everything. I might eve need an EDIT EDIT EDIT: from you haha

Yeah- so let's say you found your range - which from judging by the codes I have seen for the latest Splatoon version (12CD5FA0 is the address for points on PAL version) - your range (which we just limit for speed and time and may need adjusting if you do not actually find anything) would be:
12000000 - 13000000 (maybe even go a little higher)

If for some reason you do not find anything try:
11000000 - 12000000
13000000 - 14000000
(just keep working your way in a direction until you do - can be tedious)

And then for the value you are searching for in most cases (like points) you are searching for a 32-bit value - in cases where you notice a thing's amount is topped out by the game at say 999 you would be better served (though more results to filter down) to search for a 16-bit value (like in Wind Waker - looking for rupees as a 32-bit would never find it because the 32-bit block is hearts and rupees [ 000B 1388 ] - so a 16-bit search is needed )
The value you enter must be in hex (even if you are viewing all values in decimal the search treats your value as hex) - in osx open you calculator and under the menu at the top select 'view' -> 'programmer' - now you can easily convert 10 base (our idea of numbers) to 16 base the hex value (note: do not keep the 0x in front that the calculator adds).
Like type 12 with the base 10 selected (on the bottom left of the input is 3 toggles - 8 | 10 | 16 ) and then choose the 16 toggle - you should see "0xC"
So search for the hex value amount of kraken you currently have - wait for search to finish - waste one or buy another (just get that amount to change in the game) and now search for the new value - repeat until you have only a couple candidates (or just 1) and that is your kraken address. Now you can just poke it with the desired value (again all values in hex)

As far as finding speed hacks - those are a little trickier - you need to do thing in the games that change your speed, like walking versus running - not sure how well it will work with the current version of gecko dotNet as I can never get it to pause the game with the 'Pause game' button... so you would need to maintain a speed somehow while searching.
Also, this is where you would start the search with an unknown value -
Like let's say you do a search while walking at a continuos pace - and then run at a continuos pace and search for a value that has increased. Now, go back to a walking pace and search for a value that has decreased - repeat until you find something of worth.
Also to note - I am sure this search range would be different than the items/inventory/points addressed - generally these things live in lower addresses - based on codes I have seen for splatoon I would venture to guess they would be in this range:
10600000 - 10700000

EDIT: for anyone else seeing this "Now that I see what a kraken is in the game http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Kraken I understand now that it isn't a bullet or anything - it is a time issue. The only reason I can think of that there may not be a code or that it may not be possible is some games use the wiiU internal clock and not their own timer - the better bet in that case would be finding the amount of time it starts from and modifying that.
Apologies, had I looked up what a kraken was I would have known it wan't a quantity issue and wouldn't have pointed you in the direction of searching for a specific value. This would be an unknown value search to start with and may even require some pointer / dissembler work."

Last edited by rbsk,

rbsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay okay okay, but how do you get uwizard?

You download it https://gbatemp.net/threads/uwizard-all-in-one-wii-u-pc-program.386508/ and add it to the wine wrapper's program files and either set the executable to that or use the explorer or task manager within to open the Uwizard executable.
It might even already be in that wine wrapper I gave the link to - I had put a few wii u windows apps in there.

@paranormalCrystal Alternatively, if this is something you do not want to do and you do not care about another ~500MB of space, here is a link to my wine wrapped Uwizard.
https://mega.nz/#!0dISQJZS!9jSC-S4G7-vwE4nTck_o3h_0VcurrfSYbMfgDVAc6tQ

Compressed ~200MB

To note: your macs hard drive will be under 'My Computer' -> 'Z:'
If it isn't check the other drive letters until you see your mac's file system. For example if you are trying to unpack a file from your downloads:
'My Computer' -> 'Z:' -> 'Users' -> '<username>' -> 'Downloads'

Last edited by rbsk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it