Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's no need for using the "rom """cleaner""" tool", the header begins at offset 1200 and the rest of the info is at the offset 1240. This should be added to the first post.

Offsets are in hexadecimal.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no need for using the "rom """cleaner""" tool", the header begins at offset 1200 and the rest of the info is at the offset 1240. This should be added to the first post.

Offsets are in hexadecimal.
True, you can just hex edit the rom file. But some people don't even have the mental capacity to follow instructions and edit one value in the header. Making it more complicated could not end well.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone tried this with the YouTube app? maybe if we can enject a 3DS header into it maybe it would run on CFW?
We don't have a dump of youtube app though. And even if we did, I doubt changing the header would fix anything since the problem isn't missing headers but sdk7 save format.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
True, you can just hex edit the rom file. But some people don't even have the mental capacity to follow instructions and edit one value in the header. Making it more complicated could not end well.

I believe you still have to hex edit some parts of the header to make them compatible with any rom, so unless someone add all possible combinations, hex editing will be necessary, thus making the use of the automatic tool redundant.

unnivava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I think I may be getting this all wrong. I feel this whole process is confusing now.

This whole dumping thing right, does this mean I have to get a retail card, (from a friend I guess?) dump the save to the SD card, do all the hex stuff, rename to 3DZ, put it onto my Micro SD card, and then I can play?

Sorry if I have everything wrong, I just don't understand how to use the online features of Gateway. That's all I want to know, but me being stupid me can't understand everything Gateway is telling me. Everything up until now has been simple and maybe this is simple too, but I just don't get it :/

Any chance I could please get a like super-thorough explanation on what I have to do to access the online features?

guardianx71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can confirm this as well. When using a EU header Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed works just fine using the EU scene release, but in the USA version it asks to accept terms of use even though its accepted.
That's got nothing to do with this. It's a problem present on all EU consoles when playing USA roms. This happens to me on SMT 4 and conception2 , without doing anything to the roms (meaning they are the scene releases) .I have heard though , that the same problem doesn't exist for USA consoles running EU roms

mhfan305

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Modify your header to match your ROM info. Use info from THIS post from aliak11 to edit your header to match your rom."

Can someone please explain this part to me? Am I suppose to use a HEX editor? Im a little confused.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I need help I used the MGS3 header changed it correctly to use on Pokemon X and it says save game data error anyone help me?
thats how it works im afraid....change the header loose your save
Alright, I think I may be getting this all wrong. I feel this whole process is confusing now.

This whole dumping thing right, does this mean I have to get a retail card, (from a friend I guess?) dump the save to the SD card, do all the hex stuff, rename to 3DZ, put it onto my Micro SD card, and then I can play?

Sorry if I have everything wrong, I just don't understand how to use the online features of Gateway. That's all I want to know, but me being stupid me can't understand everything Gateway is telling me. Everything up until now has been simple and maybe this is simple too, but I just don't get it :/

Any chance I could please get a like super-thorough explanation on what I have to do to access the online features?
if you dump a retail cart you only need to rename it to .3dz, the hex editing is to convert scene dumps to work online, usually involving copying a public cart ID and applying it to a different cart

but be warned once you add a header and switch to using .3dz format you need to start you save over

adajo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm... so should I purchase a 4GB game such as metal gear solid and dump the file using gateway?

and then I can use this dump for scene dumps to play online?

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got pes 2011. Dumped with GW 2.2 and opened the dump with hex editor. But what came up is completely different to any header I have seen in this thread....

Is there any specific location I must go to?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po