Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

darkness_shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can put the header you want but it's better to use personnal header (and from an online game if possible) for best chances to avoid ban.
ps : some games's header won't work, metal gear is known to work with all games.

Warft

Say my name!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone can check if this is useful?

27.7.2014: OnlineID Gen Release
Today we proudly release the first file: a application that creates OnlineIDs to be read by K3DS. This tool can patch scene dumps to work online. You can find more information in readme in download and in download section.

http://king3ds.fomalhaut.uberspace.de/Downloads/K3DS_Online_ID_Gen.zip

It's a patch tool released by the "phantom" team K3DS, this is the readme:

Code:
This tool creates valid game header to read by K3DS. We can not guarantee to work with other flashcard.

Usage:
Just copy tool to desktop and drag game over it. Then copy ROM to MicroSD and put into k3DS.

Reactions: cearp

_Tim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone can check if this is useful?

It's a patch tool released by the "phantom" team K3DS
Probably fake. It uses the time() function to get a 32-bit "random" value, calculates the SHA-256 hash for those 4 bytes, takes the first 16 bytes of the hash and xor's them with the next 16 bytes, and writes the resulting 16 bytes to offset 0x1200.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Probably fake. It uses the time() function to get a 32-bit "random" value, calculates the SHA-256 hash for those 4 bytes, takes the first 16 bytes of the hash and xor's them with the next 16 bytes, and writes the resulting 16 bytes to offset 0x1200.

maybe that is all that is needed to go online though, i remember people talking about nintendo checking the header before letting you go online, but is that how it actually works?
there is a whitelist?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can put the header you want but it's better to use personnal header (and from an online game if possible) for best chances to avoid ban.
ps : some games's header won't work, metal gear is known to work with all games.

This^

BUT, also, you can edit all headers to work. You just need to understand the hex values. I'm using my own personal Mario Kart 7 header for all my games.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there a tool for Mac or Chrombook that injects headers?

you can just use something like virtualbox which is what i use, or winebottler would even work too i guess. i doubt anyone would ever make anything like this specifically for 'chromebook' :)

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Is there a tool for Mac or Chrombook that injects headers?
You can do it in OS X manually using a hex editor. I don't really think you can do this at all on ChromeOS. (unless there is a hex editor web-app that can load files as big in size as 3DS ROMs

Lemmie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I'm repeating a question that's already been answered.

In order to use StreetPass/SpotPass functions of a game (ex: Fire Emblem: Awakening), does it have to be .3dz?
And is the same required of Local Play? And finally, will SpotPass/StreetPass work when your emunand is on 4.5? (I've heard that online play works as long as the game doesn't require an eshop patch like Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7, but being that I never used SpotPass & StreetPass with my fully upgraded 3DS, I'm pretty much super confused as to how they work.)

Thanks in advance~

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Sorry if I'm repeating a question that's already been answered.

In order to use StreetPass/SpotPass functions of a game (ex: Fire Emblem: Awakening), does it have to be .3dz?
And is the same required of Local Play? And finally, will SpotPass/StreetPass work when your emunand is on 4.5? (I've heard that online play works as long as the game doesn't require an eshop patch like Pokemon X/Y and Mario Kart 7, but being that I never used SpotPass & StreetPass with my fully upgraded 3DS, I'm pretty much super confused as to how they work.)

Thanks in advance~
street pass and spotpass don't use the internet its just local wifi between 3ds that can give extra features on games....so they both work on .3ds or .3dz roms as they are offline features

one thing to note is if you ever intend to play a game online be sure to start it as a .3dz rom or you will loose your save when you switch from .3ds to .3dz

Lemmie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
street pass and spotpass don't use the internet its just local wifi between 3ds that can give extra features on games....so they both work on .3ds or .3dz roms as they are offline features

one thing to note is if you ever intend to play a game online be sure to start it as a .3dz rom or you will loose your save when you switch from .3ds to .3dz

I see, thanks. :o And yes, I'm aware of the save data loss.

Here're two more questions while I'm at it.
How can you tell if the .3dz conversion worked if, say, the game you're converting's online play doesn't unlock until after a certain point into it? (I'm asking because initially, I was under the impression that if after you changed the file to .3dz, it still plays, then the online play works, but after reading some more, it seems that's not the case?)
If you get a fragmentation error when trying to load a .3dz, do you just change to a different header until it loads? Or?

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder if anyone can help, I tried to play Mario Kart 3ds online following the instructions on the first page, now when I click on the game and click online I get a message that "in order to race online, you must accept the terms of the Nintendo 3DS service user Agreement. You can view this in the system settings"
So I try going into system settings then internet settings >other information> user agreement? view documents.
Now the only option which appears here is a "back" button there is no I accept button at all.

So have I done something wrong with the rom?
Is it because its a US rom which I am using
Or is it something else completly.

This is my first game on the Gateway and since saves are not compatable, I am trying to get this fixed before I actually start playing

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D