Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone had issues with patched games running slow on n3ds? i tired to patch megaman bn2 and the game runs about half speed on both emulator and on the 3ds
It's a known issue, some games don't react well to being patched. That can be as simple as a small visual bug (Fullmetal Alchemist: Stray Rondo) or as crippling as really bad game slowdowns (Boktai 2, DQM: Caravan Heart). It also sometimes can be a specific cheat causing issues. I'd highly recommend testing your patched ROMs with an emulator on PC after building them (leave GBAATM open in case you want/need to make changes). So, in summary, use a GBA emulator on PC to try out your patches before packing the game into a CIA file, and test each individual cheat as best you can.

soprano1

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Battle Network games (at least starting from the 2nd one) have some heavy anti-cheat measures. I remember waiting ages to get a workaround for max money at the time, which was a code to modify what you would get from those random items cubes.

BARNWEY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone had issues with patched games running slow on n3ds? i tired to patch megaman bn2 and the game runs about half speed on both emulator and on the 3ds
Are you using an emulator, or a patched GBA Virtual Console .cia file?

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using an emulator, or a patched GBA Virtual Console .cia file?
both of them run slow, its really Battle Network

The Battle Network games (at least starting from the 2nd one) have some heavy anti-cheat measures. I remember waiting ages to get a workaround for max money at the time, which was a code to modify what you would get from those random items cubes.
yes battle network is the series i tired to patch convert/ they have some visual bugs but i only beat BN1 and tried to play BN2 but it was really slow

It's a known issue, some games don't react well to being patched. That can be as simple as a small visual bug (Fullmetal Alchemist: Stray Rondo) or as crippling as really bad game slowdowns (Boktai 2, DQM: Caravan Heart). It also sometimes can be a specific cheat causing issues. I'd highly recommend testing your patched ROMs with an emulator on PC after building them (leave GBAATM open in case you want/need to make changes). So, in summary, use a GBA emulator on PC to try out your patches before packing the game into a CIA file, and test each individual cheat as best you can.
yes, i've noticed some visual bugs in some games I've patched and played on both emulator and virtual console on the 3ds, sometimes the screen looses all color or flashes white/black, and sometimes they char themselves/stats/menus will bug or look glitchy

BARNWEY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both of them run slow, its really Battle Network

yes battle network is the series i tired to patch convert/ they have some visual bugs but i only beat BN1 and tried to play BN2 but it was really slow

yes, i've noticed some visual bugs in some games I've patched and played on both emulator and virtual console on the 3ds, sometimes the screen looses all color or flashes white/black, and sometimes they char themselves/stats/menus will bug or look glitchy
That might happen sometimes... After all, GBAATM is injecting the cheat codes directly into the GBA game, so it always has the possibility to corrupt. Try it again, and post your settings. I will try to help you out, but I am currently busy with college applications so it may be a while before I can get back to you...

BARNWEY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turns out the battle network series is the most pain in the ass to cheat... past MMBN3
Like I said, some games won't work. There's not anything you can do about it due to the fact that the cheat menu needs to be injected into the ROM, and sometimes there isn't enough free space to inject anything...

Shikinoyume

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question, whats the issue with mastercodes?
Becuase almost all of the GBA games I want to use cheats for, use mastercodes...
I have checked multiple sites and I cannot find any codes that dont use them.

Last edited by Shikinoyume,

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So question, whats the issue with mastercodes?
Becuase almost all of the GBA games I want to use cheats for, use mastercodes...
I have checked multiple sites and I cannot find any codes that dont use them.
for the cheats that i managed to inject, the master code wasn't required

MewtwoFanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to back up my save file for Pokémon Glazed, and I'm not finding the gbavc.sav file. Am I doing something wrong?

Deleted member 450045

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
im not sure if anyone would reply to this but i need help.
So i actually downloaded Megaman BN5 Team Colonel, but i downloaded the .cia file, and I progressed quite far already. But if i'm not wrong, this guide only mentions how to hack from ROMs and not from .cia files. Does anyone know how I can add cheats into my game?? Pls help i really dont want to restart it again!! (especially bcuz of a certain challenge...) Thanks!

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure if anyone would reply to this but i need help.
So i actually downloaded Megaman BN5 Team Colonel, but i downloaded the .cia file, and I progressed quite far already. But if i'm not wrong, this guide only mentions how to hack from ROMs and not from .cia files. Does anyone know how I can add cheats into my game?? Pls help i really dont want to restart it again!! (especially bcuz of a certain challenge...) Thanks!
Essentially this thread is how to modify your .gba file to apply cheats directly to it, then you can eventually convert that .gba into a .cia file to inject into the 3ds. (at least thats what i did), and personally hacking the BN series I can tell you after 4 they have some heavy anti-cheat measures in game, there's some things you can't hack or it will corrupt your progress towards end game, trust me i've tried and failed... going past 3 there's some things you can't chat, like the amount of zenni/bug frags and among other things, honestly its easier just to play it on a emulator, (on pc or the 3ds) then apply the cheats through that, I no longer have the list of cheats i used for all the BN series, but you can test it with a emulator and see what happens to your save file before you decide to convert it into a cia. (i've had instances of all my chips/money/bugfrags and even the save itself corrupt/vanish)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo