Hacking How to update to 4.2 from 3.X wii?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am buying a Wii from my friend soon and his Wii is probably on 3.X not sure which one though. Once I buy it is there anyway I can update to wii to 4.2? If I update online I will get 4.3 and not 4.2. I heard that I have to hack the Wii first then update but I don't want to do all of that. Any simple ways? Also want to mention maybe I can do an update with a Game disk?

I have Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resorts, and Mario Kart.

EDIT: My bad the game I have is Super Mario Galaxy 2 not 1.

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it was me i would put HBC on it before i would upgrade the SM, its a bit less complicated to do it on the older SM. But the choice is yours and if you want to update to 4.2 without the HBC than use a game disk i think NSMB has 4.2 and if you chose to do it through the HBC than just use MMM or Dop-mii to go to SM of your choice.

but like i said i would install HBC and use MMM or Dop-mii to upgrade to 4.2
good luck

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't have NSMB. Only have those games above do any of those have 4.2 disk update on it? And what difference would it be if I update it after I install HBC or if I update it without HBC?

Im bored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install HBC than you can use MMM to update to 4.2

If you decide to install HBC after you update than you have to find a disk with 4.2 on it

And as far as i know all the games you listed came out before 4.2 so none of them have 4.2 on the disk.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I would recommend Modmii
- this will allow any softmodding up to 4.2x usually without a disk

QUOTE said:
Use this program to easily, automatically and legally set-up your SD card with the required files
to fully softmod ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J and Below & 4.2K and Below), and up/downgrade to firmwares 4.3, 4.2 and 4.1
(Support for all wii's: U,E,J,K and even Region Changed Wii'

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guide, sig
wink.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Wii today and its on firmware 3.3. It was never hacked or anything. Do you think it has the D3-2 DVD chips in it? And am I allowed to install Bootmii on Boot2 with this thing? Another thing is if I update the system version with Super Mario Galaxy 2 will I then be able to still install Bootmii on Boot2?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Highly doubt it has the D3-2 drive in it. It's most likely a Generation 2, so you should be able to use backup discs and install BootMii as boot2.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Jakob95 said:
I got my Wii today and its on firmware 3.3. It was never hacked or anything. Do you think it has the D3-2 DVD chips in it? And am I allowed to install Bootmii on Boot2 with this thing? Another thing is if I update the system version with Super Mario Galaxy 2 will I then be able to still install Bootmii on Boot2?
I'm pretty sure if it's on firmware 3.3 it's old enough to run backups and install BootMii @ boot2. Just update away and mod.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to update to 4.2 and mod it there because I modded my cousins Wii and his Wii was on 4.2. And on his Wii I did everything correctly and I know what to do. I heard that if you do a straight update to 4.2 from Nintendo then that will block your Boot2 or something like that. Is that true?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am running on 4.2 right now. Anyways after I hack it and all I want to get the Internet Channel. My Wii currently does not have it. Should I install the WAD of the Internet Channel? Or should I found a way to go into the Wii Store without updating and download the Internet Channel, and how do I do that?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Best way is to install the WAD for the Internet Channel & NOT update via Wii/WiFi as this will update to 4.3 & you'll lose your Softmod's

Don't know how you're gonna softmod the Wii - but IF you use ModMii (& it's wizard), then one of the questions will ask you if you want to install Internet Channel ? (not sure of the exact wording but I think it's something like 'Would you like to download any of the following channels')

If you answer Yes - then ModMii will ask which channels you want to download (in your case it's just the Interent) & then it'll download the required File for you, & by following the guide you'll install the Internet channel via your SD card

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Jakob95 said:
So I am running on 4.2 right now. Anyways after I hack it and all I want to get the Internet Channel. My Wii currently does not have it. Should I install the WAD of the Internet Channel? Or should I found a way to go into the Wii Store without updating and download the Internet Channel, and how do I do that?
Use guide in sig. Will mod your Wii and update your shop channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-