Hacking How to update to 4.2 from 3.X wii?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
then u were never able to install it as boot2

when I first installed bootmii @ boot2, it was on boot2v2, then I purposely updated to boot2v4 using dop-mii (lost bootmii for 10 seconds) and was still able to install bootmii as boot2 again

so if u can't install bootmii @ boot2, it means u don't have a vulnerable boot1, and boot1 is not affected by updates, so it should make sense that updating a wii has no affect on the ability to install bootmii @ boot2
biggrin.gif
So your basically saying my Wii wasn't able to install Bootmii as boot2 to begin with? Because I think it should have been able to since I think it was old enough it was on 3.3 firmware.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
quote from my post to u 5 minutes ago
QUOTE said:
when I first installed bootmii @ boot2, it was on boot2v2, then I purposely updated to boot2v4 using dop-mii (lost bootmii for 10 seconds) and was still able to install bootmii as boot2 again
You think it will be possible in the future for me to install it as boot2?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
long answer:
not without buying another wii

short answer:
no

biggrin.gif
Ok thanks for all the help. I will also post my Wiis serial number later here just for the heck of it so you guys if it could have gottin Bootmii as boot2. And one more thing I don't have a USB hard drive for my Wii so currently I am using DVDs I heard that it can break my Wii DVD drive and I shouldn't use DVDs. Is that true? And if it does break the drive how long does it usually take.

I did make a NAND backup and installed Priiloader.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my cousins Wii he has the homebrew channel and everything. When I hacked it for him he backuped the NAND after installing the homebrew channel but the NAND was on his Sandisk. He then put the Sandisk in his phone and he lost the phone today with the Sandisk, thus loosing the NAND. Should I backup the NAND for him again or thats not how it works?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I backup my real Wii games into my computer. I read somewhere about some Wii Wifi thing but I don't want to use it. I just want to back it up directly into my computer from my computer.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you have a certain LG dvd drive on your computer, it ain't gonna happen......
The "best way" its gonna happen is by using a USB loader and a ext. usb drive, and popping the
Wii disc into the Wii, and select "install" which, your Wii will read the retail disc, and put it directly into your usb drive.
No data lost in translation either.....
Oh, and depending on the size of the game, may take from a couple minutes to 26 minutes....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more