Homebrew How to uninstall unlaunch?

SmashBoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a dsi xl, which i will be selling to a friend for his son. he does not want it modded, just the dsi and the flashcard.

How do i remove unlaunch and return it to complete stock? without the unlaunch or the splash screen for it

I have the backup nand i made when i first installed hiya etc, i have my cid.bin(6D 6B 65 79 E6 03 4D 30 30 46 50 41 00 00 15 00) and my console id 0820209224102114

I know i can just format the sd card, but he wants it stock. it is a mario 25th anniversory edition which his son likes.

Also, weirdly the sound does not seem to work on the main menu, only in sub items, setting etc or games.

thanks

tigger

Hello! I've recently installed and uninstalled Unlaunch and frankly I was scared shitless. It was my childhood console with so many memories I couldn't bare to lose all of that. But I decided to take a leap of faith. When you load your UNLAUNCH.nds file (which is the file you had to install it in the first place) go down to the Uninstall option at the bottom and confirm it! I had no problem using it and I have the latest version installed at this time (I think its 1.9).

I say go ahead if you haven't really messed around too much with the files, I did a little bit but had no problem at all with the uninstallation. I haven't had the chance to test it a lot but I think it should be fine. The chance of it bricking should be theoretically speaking should be very low. But completely up to you. I hope this helped with your conclusion and hop you have a good rest of your day :)

Reactions: leo2196

leo2196

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey smashboi....i cannot do this i need help. I wanted to uninstall ulancher but i format the dsi while SD card was not in it. So when it did it started with the presentation of choosing the language and all that, the time, my bithrday and all..then i am in the menu of bright, managment data, and all....but when i want to go to de DSI menu i cannot. I dont know what to do i am desesperate :(

Reactions: SmashBoi

SmashBoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey smashboi....i cannot do this i need help. I wanted to uninstall ulancher but i format the dsi while SD card was not in it. So when it did it started with the presentation of choosing the language and all that, the time, my bithrday and all..then i am in the menu of bright, managment data, and all....but when i want to go to de DSI menu i cannot. I dont know what to do i am desesperate :(

I am not too sure what the exact problem your having is. But from what you're saying it sounds like you can't access the dsi menu, only the settings. You could try reformatting it again and see if that will work. If you still have the exploit on your SD Card you could try going into the camera and installing homebrew again. Hopefully this has helped. This problem hasn't occurred to me so I don't know the answer although YouTube and Google are you friends :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig