How to uninstall unlaunch 1.8????

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by RetroBoyAdvance0, Feb 14, 2019.

1. RetroBoyAdvance0
    OP

RetroBoyAdvance0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    United States
    i have hbmenu (NO CASH UNLAUNCH.DSI V1.8) on my dsi. can anyone tell me how to remove unluanch menu??? I want to restore to menu. is it possible to format system memory to remove it? please tell me asap i using dsi daily. i have errors "Clusters too small" i do not put HIyaCFW.

Last edited by RetroBoyAdvance0, Feb 14, 2019
    MKTV likes this.
  2. mondul

mondul GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2018
    Colombia
    Barranquilla
    Run the installer and choose "Uninstall"

3. RetroBoyAdvance0
    OP

RetroBoyAdvance0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    United States
    how? i dont see any uninstall

4. mondul

mondul GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2018
    Colombia
    Barranquilla
    [​IMG]

alexander1970 and MKTV like this.
  5. RetroBoyAdvance0
    OP

RetroBoyAdvance0 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2018
    United States
    sigh...it said warning it become useless and i did...(forget to put unlaunch.nds idiot me!) now its back to normal!!!! thanks you!!!
    thats was quick! i am happy about it!!!!

6. MKTV

MKTV Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    United States
    So what's the point of Relaunch if you can simply do this?

7. Sunuku

Sunuku ಠ_ಠ

Oct 6, 2018
    Sweden
    Memelandia AKA MemeWorld
    Dude, Unlaunch didn't even HAVE the Uninstall feature, when Relaunch was made.

maorninja and alexander1970 like this.
  8. SmashBoi

SmashBoi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    Australia

Hello! I've recently installed and uninstalled Unlaunch and frankly I was scared shitless. It was my childhood console with so many memories I couldn't bare to lose all of that. But I decided to take a leap of faith. When you load your UNLAUNCH.nds file (which is the file you had to install it in the first place) go down to the Uninstall option at the bottom and confirm it! I had no problem using it and I have the latest version installed at this time (I think its 1.9).

I say go ahead if you haven't really messed around too much with the files, I did a little bit but had no problem at all with the uninstallation. I haven't had the chance to test it a lot but I think it should be fine. The chance of it bricking should be theoretically speaking should be very low. But completely up to you. I hope this helped with your conclusion and hop you have a good rest of your day :)

9. Phantom-Ant

Phantom-Ant Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Italy
    but there is a risk of brick?

10. SmashBoi

SmashBoi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    Australia

Yes unfortunately from the information I have gathered but I haven't done full test myself but I think you should be fine. It is a pretty stable version meaning the risk of bricking is probably also very low. All I can say is just go head on as I did. Good luck :)

11. FunnyBone

FunnyBone Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2018
    United States
    Earth
    but what if the nand was flashed? could i restore it from the backup from fwtool?

12. SmashBoi

SmashBoi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    Australia

Yes theoretically speaking you can. I haven't tested it myself although Youtube and Google are your friends

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

From my experience I would say yes, but super slim chance as it has not happened to me. But looking at the warnings it may of happened to some developers but in all honesty it should be fine :)

13. GuneyWRO

GuneyWRO Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2019
    Turkey
    Can you confirm the uninstall still works?

14. edo9300

edo9300 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2018
    Italy
    It did never not work

15. SmashBoi

SmashBoi Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2019
    Australia

Hey I cannot confirm but I am very confident that it will work. I did tweak my DS quite a bit so considering it uninstalled is a really good sign. I did do this a while back, but I highly doubt that it still wouldn't work to this day (13/8/2019). If anything there would be a less chance of a brick because of updates and what not