Hacking How to take Clear Picture of Soldering?

tota1ecl1pse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to update my picture of soldering... but I am not getting good pictures at all... I don' thave the best camera.. but I have PowerShot S2 IS... which I think it should be good enough to take detail picture and upload? I am talking about Wiikey soldering relate stuff... it is sooo small.. I am sure I have to change camera setting to something?

for people who took great pictures... what setting did you do? I tried AUTO didn't work, Macro didn't work, what is your guys' secret? Can you Share plz?

Thanks.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have the Canon PowerShot S2IS. That has a 0cm Macro mode. Basically find a button on the left side of the lens of the camera which has a flower next to it. Hold that button for a few seconds until you see "Super Macro" apprear on the screen. Then you can get real close to the board. Just make sure you have plenty of light in the area.

Just make sure you are in P (Program AE) mode. Also you have to make sure you have enough light. If your shutter shows that its only giving you 1/4 sec shutter, you're gonna get blur from your hand shaking even if the S2IS has an image stabilizer.. Make sure the shutter says at least 1/30.

tota1ecl1pse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank Thank You Very much for Detail Method Renegade_R
smile.gif

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I use a big fat magnifying glas held direcly over the lens of the camera. You can get down reeeeally close with this method, although it can sometimes make it harder to focus. Make sure you have a nice even light source over the area you are trying to capture, makes it look nicer and focus easier.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Use a tripod, or lean your camera against something stable. It will eliminate shaking; the picture should be less fuzzy.

So why do you want to take pictures? Bragging about your l33t soldering skillZ?
wink.gif

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super macro mode, hold the shutter button in gently for a few seconds it will auto focus then once ur happy with the angle, push down fully on the shutter

on my camera it works better if the flash is on so i usually take a pic sightly away from the area im wanting then just crop out the unneeded bit, if i dont the flash reflects off the solder and blurs the image, its to do with ISO speed but i cba fixing it using flash will do me lol

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Canon S2 IS is the bomb!!!!! I have this camera and i LOVE IT..12x zoom FTW!!

as for taking the picture, i used Super Macro mode when i took some pictures. Just make sure you have enough light or your picture will blur
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.