Hacking [How-To] Switch from PBT/Pasta/Palantine CFW to rxTools (sig. patched)

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know your point. It's painfull to switch with the ds flashcard.
And like you i'll swtich to pasta once it can do the thing on emunand.

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I broke my EmuNAND (no big deal). Here's what I did:

1. Format EmuNAND using Gateway
2. Launch rxTools
3. Perform system update from 3DS directly in System Settings -> Software Update

Now launching rxMode from rxTools results in a black screen. Did the software update update the EmuNAND to an unsupported version?

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your sysnand version ?
if 4.X verify your slot0x25KeyX, and copy it back.

4.2.0-U9. I somehow missed instructions on the slot0x25KeyX stuff... where do I find that? In my original SD card backup or something?

Edit: Never mind, Google was my friend.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last question, and sorry if it's a dumb one... went from zero exploits on 9.2 to 4.2.0-U9 SysNAND and 9.8.0-U25 EmuNAND, which is awesome. I originally backed up the contents of my SD card which contains lots of eShop purchases. How do I restore those into EmuNAND? Or, will those only work on SysNAND and I should restore my NAND backup to 9.2 to run them, and use browser exploit to enter rxTools?

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last question, and sorry if it's a dumb one... went from zero exploits on 9.2 to 4.2.0-U9 SysNAND and 9.8.0-U25 EmuNAND, which is awesome. I originally backed up the contents of my SD card which contains lots of eShop purchases. How do I restore those into EmuNAND? Or, will those only work on SysNAND and I should restore my NAND backup to 9.2 to run them, and use browser exploit to enter rxTools?

Just copy back the content of your sd card.

Reactions: eXpired

VerseHell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Weird. Did you copy your Nintendo 3ds folder in the sd card root? Also try to download a demo on the 9.8 emunand, it may works.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if i'm not mistaking, it's because your new emunand is an update from your downgraded nand.
if you made a backup of your old 9.2 nand, try to inject it as emunand with 3ds-multiand-tool, update it and then copy back the content of your sd card.

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because your new emunand is an update from your downgraded nand.
if you made a backup of your old 9.2 nand, try to inject it as emunand with 3ds-multiand-tool, update it and then copy back the content of your sd card.

This makes sense to me. I'm going to give that a try. Thanks!

eXpired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think an another solution was to extract your 9.2 title.db and inject it in your new emunand.

Oh, so I may be able to just use rXtools to do this? So, with title.db copied over, I just pick extract on it, then inject it? That may be the easiest route.

emf4tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't do anything anyway if you stay on 9.2 without CN or a Gateway., so you need to downgrade if you want to use this.

So let me get this straight for going from my 9.2 FW to 4.2/4.5 downgrade FW with Emunand and rxTools:
1. Follow this guide to setup and update emunand https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-setup-emunand-without-a-flashcard.386262/
2. Format emunand to unlink with sys nand
2. Then downgrade sys nand to 4.2/4.5 with Gateway
3. Boot to emunand and install DevMenu/BBM/FBI
4. Use rxInstaller in my Supercard DS Two to use mset
5. Lastly, install CIA games

Is that right? If I have a couple old eshop games installed on my sys nand and want to play those with my saves on emunand is it as simple as just keeping emunand and sys nand linked (i.e. don't format emunand)?

Last edited by emf4tic,

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The first thing you need to do is :

1. Backup your sd content.
2. Backup your 9.2 nand, in case you need it for some reasons. ( like inject it as emunand and extract title.db with rxtool)
3. Downgrade

Then:
4. install Pasta + pasta mset.
5. install BBM/DevMenu using pasta Mset.

Then follow the OP

emf4tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing you need to do is :

1. Backup your sd content.
2. Backup your 9.2 nand, in case you need it for some reasons. ( like inject it as emunand and extract title.db with rxtool)
3. Downgrade

Then:
4. install Pasta + pasta mset.
5. install BBM/DevMenu using pasta Mset.

Then follow the OP
I don't have CN or an actual Gateway card though, so would I still need to go through Pasta for mset or would rxinstaller handle install mset from my DS Two card?

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also have a dstwo card. But you can't install DevMenu or BBM on a fresh emunand without installing pasta + his mest or palanatine/PBT-CFW + his mset.

Once you have BBM or DevMenu on your nand you can set up an emunand with GW_launcher.dat even if you don't have a GW.

Edit: I think the simpliest way is by using pasta without CN like the first post on this thread.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

It has been long time since I came to the scene.... After reading all the threads and posts I have few doubts...Please try and help me:

1. I have palantine CFW on my emunand and a clean 4.3x Sysnand, Which method in the first post should I use ( the dual NAND one)?
2. I didn't understand the steps clearly...First I backup my emunand or sysnand? and should I just copy the SD card content to PC?
3. Then why format and then inject the same thing to the new emunand again? I am lost here, Please help.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys,

It has been long time since I came to the scene.... After reading all the threads and posts I have few doubts...Please try and help me:

1. I have palantine CFW on my emunand and a clean 4.3x Sysnand, Which method in the first post should I use ( the dual NAND one)?
2. I didn't understand the steps clearly...First I backup my emunand or sysnand? and should I just copy the SD card content to PC?
3. Then why format and then inject the same thing to the new emunand again? I am lost here, Please help.

1) Palantine is not really an emunand so i suppose you just have Palatine and did not have an emunand.
If it the case you just need to follow 2. If you're using Palantine (no dual nand)

2) copy the content of your Sd on PC. follow instructions. Extract Nand 1 and inject it as emunand

3) there is no need to format it's not a dual nand.

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Palantine is not really an emunand so i suppose you just have Palatine and did not have an emunand.

If it the case you just need to follow 2. If you're using Palantine (no dual nand):

Well I remember creating an emunand using gateway launcher and then installing Bigbluemenu/ Cia manager on it.

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure it was an emunand and not a nand backup using gateway launcher ?

Mount your sd on your pc an check the partition size on it.
if it is 1Gb you do not have emunand.
if you have a dual nand this partition is higher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...