Homebrew How to start Rosalina without the "L" button?

Jochie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This should be the one.

edited to boot Rosalina by pressing X+Y+R
(press select while turning on the 3DS, if the luma config shows this "Press A to select, START to save(Test, if you see this it's booting from the modified boot.firm)" Luma is loading from the SD card :3)
Thanks. This was a life saver. Somehow the original combi didnt work.

NemoKOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I try to enter Rosalina Menu on some old 3DS and just can't. I edited combo and compiled Luma 9, removed config file but after booting console again - new combo doesn't work :-( Any suggestions?

NemoKOF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't you think they wouldn't have made this thread if the didn't NEED to use Rosalina?
It's needed to access the HB Launcher for the first time after installing B9S

I just read the 3ds guide and found out that I can use GodMode9 to inject FBI to H&S App. This way I don't have to use Rosalina Menu but still, it's very strange that it didn't work at all.

P.S. It seems that a system update was required. I changed LUMA to accept DOWN+X+A (I compiled it) but System was 3.0.0. After update to 11.6 Rosalina Menu works. Still - you can use GodMode for FBI swap.

Last edited by NemoKOF,

larson9999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for this. These buttons feel so good mechanically, I would have never guessed they were broken. Glad I found this thread. I don't normally use the L an R buttons even if they work. Bought this system for $5 and wouldn't have used it without this config file.

Regarding the people who say that this is not needed because nobody would use a system without L and R, there are people that normally don't use them and there are tons of games that do not use them.

Now that I know this works I will order new ribbon cables but without this config file, this system would never get used again.

Regarding the argument that this is an edge case not worth 'fixing', I agree it's an edge case but there are more uses than just broken buttons. Those buttons can be hard to reach for some people such as those with injuries or ailments.

But, more importantly, this wouldn't even require a code change. It would be super simple to package an extra config file or two with this. I assume there is testing of the functionality anyway, just copy the file during a test and include it with a note to select the one that suites your needs.

Reactions: pandavova

wuschelig

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This should be the one.

(press select while turning on the 3DS, if the luma config shows this "Press A to select, START to save(Test, if you see this it's booting from the modified boot.firm)" Luma is loading from the SD card :3)
an error has occured:
Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch/es).
Press any button to shutdown
Post automatically merged:

This should be the one.

An error has occured:
Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es).
Press any button to shutdown

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y