Hacking how to spoof 3DS firmware

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new 3DSXL with 9.6 and luma CFW. I just wanted to know if there was a way to spoof my firmware so I can access the eshop and online games. I am aware that ctr-httpwn exists but opening the homebrew menu to get to it first is rather annoying

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3DSXL with 9.6 and luma CFW. I just wanted to know if there was a way to spoof my firmware so I can access the eshop and online games. I am aware that ctr-httpwn exists but opening the homebrew menu to get to it first is rather annoying
If you are using Luma3DS v9.1, then there is no reason not to connect to the internet and update your 3DS to 11.8.

If you don't know which version of Luma3DS you're using, boot the 3DS while holding the Select button. It will display the Luma3DS version at the top of the configuration settings.

Quadrotix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know that you can just simply update right? (Without losing anything)

ok thanks I never though it was safe to do that :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are using Luma3DS v9.1, then there is no reason not to connect to the internet and update your 3DS to 11.8.

If you don't know which version of Luma3DS you're using, boot the 3DS while holding the Select button. It will display the Luma3DS version at the top of the configuration settings.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You should always check to make sure the latest 3DS version is compatible with your version of Luma3DS before updating, but updates are usually safe. If you're on Luma3DS v9.1, then 11.8 is safe.

Reactions: Quadrotix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-